Moving up levels

Barsandfloor

Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Apr 17, 2020
Country
USA
Are you able to move up levels 4, 5, and 6 in one month? What is the quickest time you can move up those levels?

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

MuggleMom

Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
Dec 22, 2016
Virginia
Country
USA
It would need to be a USAG sactioned meet and you would need to meet the minimum required score for each level. So you could could compete once as a level 4, hit the score, then in the same meet compete level 5 hit the score, then you could compete level 6 after that. Level six isn't required so technically after hitting the level 5 score in a sanctioned meet you could do level 6 or level 7.

GymDadWA

Proud Parent
Dec 30, 2017
Country
USA
Any gymnast who has had previous competitive experience in any system (including USA Gymnastics) and who is a minimum of 14 years of age OR is at least a freshman in High School is eligible to petition by submitting a formal written request to the State Administrative Committee for entry into Level 7 and below. The petition must be accompanied by a video that demonstrates her skill level.

I think in the other thread you said your daughter is 13, so maybe one option is competing Xcel for this year and petitioning into level 7 next year.

Reactions: MuggleMom

Barsandfloor

Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Apr 17, 2020
Country
USA
She hasn’t competed USA gymnastics before so she would have to start at level 4.

Lnm62107

Proud Parent
Feb 9, 2020
Country
USA
My daughter competed level 4 at a morning session meet and level 5 in afternoon session, so only took one day.
In theory, same concept and would have to compete a level 6 meet within that month and score above 32AA, but I also believe you can move from level 5 to 7 and skip level 6 as long as you have all of the requirements for that level.

Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!