Gymnasts Can I make it to D1 gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Emilybuch

Gymnast
So I am in level 4 and I am in 7th grade but it is my dream to make to college gymnastics but our gym will only let us move up one level once a year. I got pushed behind 2 years when we got into an accident. Do you think that I could make it up to college level because of my age.

So I am in level 4 and I am in 7th grade but it is my dream to make to college gymnastics but our gym will only let us move up one level once a year. I got pushed behind 2 years when we got into an accident. Do you think that I could make it up to college level because of my age.
You could be…if they let you skip from L4-L6 that would make you a L10 senior year if everything goes perfect. But almost no one doesn’t repeat in gymnastics so it’s very unlikely and that’s okay! There’s club gymnastics teams and D3 teams you could be part of and train with until you got a routine with a full SV. Most important thing to remember is your success is not based on whether or not you make it to college gymnastics, it’s making progress step by step as a gymnast!

If you want to get a spot on a college gymnastics team, you’d need to be at a gym with a program that would allow you to quickly progress through levels 5-7 next year. If you can get to level 8 by 9th grade and level 10 by 11th grade, college gym could be a possibility.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back