WAG My dd is going to FLIP OUT when I tell her about the Tour of Gymnastics Exhibition!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Natasha

Proud Parent
Just got an e-mail from our head coach. My dd has been invited by our gym to participate in the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions! She and 3 other girls from our gym will be doing some type of group floor thing at the beginning. I can't wait to pick her up from school and tell her! We went to the Visa championships this year, but never got to see any of the gymnasts up close or get autographs or anything. She is going to flip out when she finds out she gets to warm up and be back stage with them!!!!

How fun! I'm so excited for both of you! Let us know how she reacts and make sure to take lots of pictures at the event! What a special honor.

That is AWESOME! Congratulations to her and to you for raising a dd that is chosen. Tell us all about it.

Awesome! 5 girls from our gym were randomly chosen to participate as well. I will say she shouldn't count on meeting the gymnasts with this. Our gym specifically said that participating did NOT mean meeting the gymnasts. It was not a meet & greet and they may not even see them back stage or during their part of the performance.

That said, it is still very exciting. My dd would have loved to have done it.

Quite jealous.

Theres an elite gym near by that I'm sure got dibs on being in the show, so our gym didn't get the opportunity.

I hope you DD does a FANTASTIC job! Maybe you'll consider video taping her so we can all see!

That sounds like so much fun for your daughter and her friends! Congrats to them. I'm sure they will have a blast.

Quite jealous.

Theres an elite gym near by that I'm sure got dibs on being in the show, so our gym didn't get the opportunity.

I hope you DD does a FANTASTIC job! Maybe you'll consider video taping her so we can all see!

In our area performance in the show was based on ticket sales. There were people from the most elite gyms all the way to the recreational only ones. You got one performance in the show per a certain number of tickets sold.

She was SO excited when I picked her up and told her!.....and then she went to practice, injured her ankle, And spent the rest of the night at the after hours ortho clinic. They said she injured the growth plate but they do not think it is broken. She has a boot and it seems to be getting a little better. She returns to the MD on Monday. He thought she should be fine by the show the end of October...we will see what they say on Monday.

In our area performance in the show was based on ticket sales. There were people from the most elite gyms all the way to the recreational only ones. You got one performance in the show per a certain number of tickets sold.

Yep. That's what it was for our gym, too. We got 5 participations in the show, 3 back-stage meet & greet slots, and 6 (I think) t-shirts. They put everyone's name in a hat that bought a ticket and wanted to win that prize and randomly drew names. I thought it was a good way to do it. Only concern is that we had at least 2 new level 5s win to be in the show...and they have never even competed. Not sure if they will be overwhelmed in the big arena. I hope they have fun and don't get nervous or scared!

Just found out today that Little Monkey and 7 teammates will also be in the show!! I tried to videotape her reaction as she read the email from HC but the stinker kept saying "I'm NOT reacting because you're taping me"!!

Have either of you all preformed yet?? Did you get to meet the gymnasts??

Hope it went well if you all did preform!!

My dd did perform. It was 160 gymnasts doing the Opening. It was a very simple dance routine that they practiced exactly twice when the got there. The rest of the time before the show was lining up, getting their leos, waiting to change into their leos, etc. They did not get to meet any of the olympic gymnasts, but our gym owner very generously gave my dd and myself bracelets to allow us to go to the "meet and greet" after the show. So, she did get to get all of their autographs. However, a warning for anyone doing the meet and greet- it is more like an "assembly line autograph session" with I am sure a couple hundred (at least) people lined up for autographs. I felt bad for the olympians- they don't get to visit with the fans at all, they just sit and sign their name over 200 times. My impression of the local gymnast participation as well as the meet and greet and chalk talk is that it has become way to commercialized. It was a much better program in 2008.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back