Parents question about Woodward West

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SHELOVESGYM

Proud Parent
Can anyone tell me if the non-gym time (after lunch) includes any organized activities or not? DD likes to keep busy and has been to another gymnastics camp that she felt had too much free time. What do the kids do after lunch at Woodward? TIA!

The kids have the choice to do what they want to do int he afternoon (which could be nothing) but there is a craft each day and kids can go to the pool or there is also a small bowling alley. Part of the afternoon they can also go to open gym.

The kids have the choice to do what they want to do int he afternoon (which could be nothing) but there is a craft each day and kids can go to the pool or there is also a small bowling alley. Part of the afternoon they can also go to open gym.
Thanks! This is helpful!

Reactions: sce
Son went there for a week in 2015 when he was 11. Here is some of his experience.

After lunch the kids choose what they want to do. So there are activities, but they are not "organized."

He always chose the two hours of optional gym practice - coaches are present, but it is like an open gym set up. But that does not take up the whole afternoon.

If the kid wants, they can try to do another activity, including renting skateboard, scooter or bike. He never did that, but he did try to rent a go-pro late in the week and they were out. If she wants to do that, he suggests do it early in week.

That year there was supposedly archery, which he was excited to do, unfortunately the equipment was all broken. So I suggest that if there is some activity she is counting on doing, maybe ask about it ahead of time.

There was also the pool. He liked that, and that is where he spent most of his non-gym time in the afternoons.

He had a great week at Woodward West, it was lots of gymnastics and that is what he wanted most. So he was happy!

Lots of free time and when my daughter went there was a skateboard camp at the same time and it was not a comfortable feeling for me. Free time and lots of boys. Lol. It was super structured if I recall. But an older, focused kid might be fine. Great facility.

Lots of free time and when my daughter went there was a skateboard camp at the same time and it was not a comfortable feeling for me. Free time and lots of boys. Lol. It was super structured if I recall. But an older, focused kid might be fine. Great facility.
There are multiple camps going on at the same time all summer. So yes, even on the weeks that do not have boy gymnasts there are still lots of boys around My daughter said that the action sports kids, for the most part, (she did have a girl in her cabin in the skate camp) do not interact with the gymnasts. Though the walkways are filled with skateboards and bikes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back