Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, D has been sharing his "routine" info with me. Here is how it goes:

D: we did pommel routines tonight!
M: How did it go?
D: GReAT! I only fell onces!

D: We worked high bar routines tonight!
M: Great, how did it go?
D: I can do the whole routine! But my blind change is about 1 in 3 and my toe on/toe off is about 50%

D: We did floor tonight
M: Awesome! How's the routine?
D: I don't know, I haven't done the whole thing yet.

D: Finally worked on PBars.
M: nice
D: I only miss my peach about every other time. And my dismount is coming. I can do it in the pit!

Sigh. This is going ot be a fun year. I see the goal being "stay on equipment!" So glad he has until 1/16!

Once again, I feel like either I'm at your gym or you're at mine -- this is pretty much what all of our optionals would have said last week before their first meet! But they all rocked it. ;)

OMG !!! skschlag I am totally with you on this! Isnt it painful????
I want to keep asking but I MUST just say,'great' and move on.......

DS competed 3 events on Sunday. He got 11.2 on a floor routine he learned that week. 9.2 on vault, he said he messed something up on the tsuk. and a 9 on rings...as he said, phew, i got through the whole thing!!!
i only saw a bit of floor....No fluff, just tumbling.
i must say, I was impressed with him. Sometimes, low expectations is just what someone needs to begin working hard again.

DS elder is in similar boat - bummed he still isn't allowed to tumble or giant due to his concussion, has decided he will do terribly this year - but looking to get through pommel with "only one fall", rings is pretty (although I'm not sure his doctor would be happy to see him doing the "locates" and handstands, flipping off the rings, etc...with his head and all), pbars good but oh high bar will be interesting......at least he can read again!

DS elder is in similar boat - bummed he still isn't allowed to tumble or giant due to his concussion, has decided he will do terribly this year - but looking to get through pommel with "only one fall", rings is pretty (although I'm not sure his doctor would be happy to see him doing the "locates" and handstands, flipping off the rings, etc...with his head and all), pbars good but oh high bar will be interesting......at least he can read again!
Oh, and I let him do a vault - but not his FHS-FT to landing - that seemed too much head swishing about...

That's tough. It must be so hard to not be doing many things, but he needs to heal his brain.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back