Uk Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3 little monkeys

Proud Parent
My oldest dd has recently started tumbling in the UK. They are talking about entering her into a competition in a few weeks but I know absolutely nothing about tumbling and the structure here in the UK. She says she is being entered into level 2 - any ideas?

OK. It's a long time since I coached or did any tumbling, but I've had a little refresher courtesy of the great Google :).

It appears there is now two pathways, much like WAG.

A "club" pathway, which has two sub-paths, club NDP and national NDP. Club is regional only, national is regional heats to national finals. (from age 7)

Plus an "elite" or "FIG" pathway for potential elites/olympians. (from age 9)

NDP Club grade 2;

Run 1; RO- half turn jump to 1-cartwheel-cartwheel-Ro- rebound jump
run 2; cartwheel-chasse-cartwheel-roundoff-stretch jump- backward roll
run 3; Handstand forward roll-forward roll to 1-cartwheel-cartwheel-ro-half turn jump

NDP National grade 2;

run 1; Ro-flic-flic-flic-flic- rebound jump
run 2; front somi -rebound jump to 1-ro-flic-flic-half turn jump
run 3; ro-flic-back somi tucked.

Elite Age groups are according to FIG rules.

Current pathways and documents can be found here; http://www.british-gymnastics.org/technical-information/discipline-updates/tumbling

Thanks Faith, looking at those skills I would say its National Grade 2 then as she can flic and somi front and back. She is 8 (9 in November) so I suppose there is a possibility of elite but unless there is a Grade 2 that seems unlikely. I'll have a look at the link, thanks again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back