Parents Usag vs. taaf

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flipnastic

Proud Parent
I think it is still called the US AG…? Lol! Anyways, what is the difference between jo usag and taaf? I think the gym we go to compete both…

TAAF gymnastics follows all USAG rules and regulations and compete the same routines as USAG. They use use USAG certified judges for all meets but TAAF scores do not count towards USAG mobility. USAG is considered the more competetive path for gymnastics in Texas while TAAF is often considered more recrereational. But many gyms in Texas compete both. While USAG splits divisions at meets by age TAAF does so by all around score...so in essence you are competing against girls with similar previous scores in TAAF. USAG in Texas runs Sept through November and TAAF competition season is January through May. Hope this helps.

Another thing to consider...from what I understand colleges don't look at TAAF only gymnasts for scholarships. I think TAAF may only go to level 8 anyway. TAAF is actually a great forum. My DD was not ready for level 4 USAG so did TAAF and actually had a great confidence boosting season. Won gold on bars for her division. Would NOT have happened in USAG. She's now working towards a USAG l5 score out at an invitational then 6 USAG next January. It is a great option if your gym offers it and let's them compete both as it sounds like your gym does.

Thank you so much! This is great information… Yes, my gym does both… sounds like a great option, especially if we start competing in the younger/lower levels.

There is something to be said about competing by divisions based on score. It works in my opinion. You may have an 8 year old competing against a 12 year old but it really doesn't matter as skill wise they are similar. And when they earn a bump up to the next division because of a great scoring meet...that's it's own award! You can check out taaf.com and go to the gymnastics link for the divisions by level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back