who is your FAVORITE gymnast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

On behalf of my daughter. She says

1 who is your favorite gymnast of all time?

2 who is your favorite gymnast that is still currently competing?

3 who is your favorite american gymnast?

1. Nadia

2. Vanessa Zam - She is super good and smart : )

3. Nastia

I'm not a gymnast but I'm a gym mom. My favorite would have to be my daughter, on all 3 accounts. :eek: Below is a poem I wrote years ago that says it all:

Who’s your favorite gymnast?

Maybe it is Nastia,
Or 16-year old Shawn.
Or maybe it’s a gymnast
Who’s grown up and moved on.

For me, my favorite gymnast
Is the one I saw today.
With sandman’s sleep still in her eyes,
As she started out her day.

With ankle weights strapped on tight,
Her muscles sure to grow.
How she does it every day,
I will never know.

She warms up with her teammates,
Climbing ropes and doing splits.
And all the while I’m thinking,
Oh My God she’s only six!

So while my favorite gymnast
May not be tops on the floor.
I know my little gymmie
is the one I’m cheering for.

All Time Fave - Far too many to choose from, Olga Korbut probably, just for her crazy skill level of the time!

Currently Competing - As a Brit, I'd have to say Beth Tweddle - She might not be the most elegant gymnast ever, but I think she is amazing and such a good role model for young gymnasts, particularly in GB. However, I also love Tatiana Nabieva too!

American - I fell in love with gymnastics watching Dominique Dawes! Not sure what it was about her, I just loved her!
More recently I'd say Nastia as I just love her style of gymnastics.

Favorite ever : Kim Zmeskal hands down, but Shannon miller is a CLOSE second, actually, most anyone on the magnificent 7 team :) And Svetlana Boginskya. Gotta love her, Samantha Shaprio reminds me of her a little in her unique style
Competing still: Rebecca bross, Shawn Johnson, Samantha Sharipiro
Favorite American: again, Kim or Shannon Miller

Last edited:
Hmmmm this is a toughie!

All time: Oksana Omelianchik - Such a joy to watch! Or Shawn Johnson/Kim Zmeskal/Lilia Podkopayeva.

Currently Competing: Love Sacramone and her determination... Ana Porgras... Bross has grown on me recently... Too hard to choose one!

Favourite American: Kim Zmeskal and Shawn Johnson.

Currently: No one can beat my number one: Anastasia Grishina! She's amazing, I can not wait for her to turn senior!

until shannon steps back on the floor. she's a REAL senior and is making a comeback.;)

until shannon steps back on the floor. she's a REAL senior and is making a comeback.;)

Too bad Shannon Miller is one of my top 5 favorite gymnasts of all time too ...

A competition between Grishina and Shannon would be excellent. Throw an upgraded Porgras into the mix too please.

This is a tricky one but
my all time fav gymnast is Nadia Comaneci-honestly sheis the best rolemodel ever in my opinion

current gymnast-Jordyn Wieber- i love how much fun it always looks like she is having fun and loving what she is doing

Favorite american gymnast- Nastia Liukin because she is inspiring to tgymnasts who are taller (like myself) sheproves that even through injury everything is possible!

thanks. it took me awhile because there are sooo many gymnasts out there that are amazing! Expecially from other countries but im not as aware of them since i live in the US.

Kyla Ross because shes awesome and has the same name as me

Kerri Strug

Alicia Sacromne

1 who is your favorite gymnast of all time?
Artistic: Svetlana Khorkina
Rhtyhmic: Youlya Barssoukova

2 who is your favorite gymnast that is still currently competing?
Artistic: Aliya Mustafina
Rhtythmic: Evgenia Kanaeva

3 who is your favorite american gymnast?
Shawn Johnson

1 - probably Yelena Shushunova
2 - Tatiana Nabieva. Have you SEEN that girl's freaking layout Tkachev?! OMG!
3 - probably Mattie Larson. I like that she goes for skills just to prove she can do them, like the turn in split on beam she did at...I think it was Nationals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back