Parents 10.0 LSU College Routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

entertaining. that's college gymnastics done a little differently. :)

It's just too "stagey" for me. It's a show.

From one point of view, I do like it. Amazing tumbling, entertaining, good fun. But I like it as an exhibition piece, the show part seems to overwhelm the point- the gymnastics.

I wouldn't like to see this sort of routine in a "normal" or FIG comp. We should be judging to select the kid who's gymnastics is best, not the one most capable of playing the crowd.

As an aside, she's not your usual gymnast build is she? Makes me think if she can do moves like that, why are we almost exclusively selecting the skinny little kids for elite? Or do her other apparatus not match up skill wise because of her strength:weight?

okay, i don't have a mod hat. let's stay clear of weight! they are in college for crying out loud. they are women! :)

Hate the routine.
Love her energy.
Admire her rejection of misogynistic language.
Had no idea who she was before this and while the style of that particular routine doesn't appeal to me, I fell in love with this young lady after reading the article. I admire her strength of character and how important it is for her to have a reputation that reflects her ethics.

Isn't she kind of similar in build to Shawn Johnson? She's 4'11". She competes beam and floor this season. Her beam routine is very good. She usually scores very high on that too. Anyone know if she was ever elite level?

From her bio on LSU's website, she trained at Texas Dreams with Kim Zmeskal where she competed up to level 10. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching her compete live at the SEC championships a few years ago. She had such great energy and it's obvious she loves what she does.

okay, i don't have a mod hat. let's stay clear of weight! they are in college for crying out loud. they are women! :)

Not commenting on her weight- in fact I was wondering if this is why her routine has gone viral, people enjoy seen real, actual women doing this sort of gymnastics. The general public's perception of gymnastics is it's done by tiny, practically pre-pubescent girls, not "grown-ups", and to see an adult doing gymnastics at this level is something many people haven't seen before….bear in mind only the US has NCAA, in other countries like the UK girls give up long before they hit adulthood, unless they're elite.

I don't like it much. It's not that I think it's raunchy, I actually don't. And it's not that I think it's too different or avant garde - I like some very modern and ground breaking routines.

I don't really know why I don't like it, or maybe it's the words I can't find... It just looks (apart from the tumbling) a lot less skillful - lacking the elements of balance, control, strength and grace. I don't think it does her gymnastics any favours- it looks like a load of dancing with a few somis thrown in. Now I know it's much harder than that and how good those tumbles are, but many people wouldn't see that and would see this as evidence that gymnastics is not a serious sport at all.

I'm not putting this well :oops:

Here in the UK we have competitive aerobic gymnastics. I don't know how big it is anywhere else but, at the risk of offending anyone, I really don't like it. High energy throwing yourself about in lycra tights with a gormless smile glued to your face.

Her routine edges too far down that road for me.

@NutterButter and @dynamicduo Our dd's can share the choreography to "Talk Dirty to Me" lol! I've spent hours with her searching for similarly fun music that is less...well......just less!

Although this floor routine isn't to my taste, college gymnastics is just so different in general-and this gymnast is so darn good, you can't help but tap along to her enthusiasm!

I couldn't help but notice that they have cheerleaders-love it! Why shouldn't gymnasts have cheerleaders, too?!

I really think the floor routine is awesome. I like it when the music and choreography coincide with the gymnast's personality and attitude. I also do not see a problem with her dance moves.

@NutterButter and @dynamicduo Our dd's can share the choreography to "Talk Dirty to Me" lol! I've spent hours with her searching for similarly fun music that is less...well......just less!

Although this floor routine isn't to my taste, college gymnastics is just so different in general-and this gymnast is so darn good, you can't help but tap along to her enthusiasm!

I couldn't help but notice that they have cheerleaders-love it! Why shouldn't gymnasts have cheerleaders, too?!
The catchy hook from "Talk Dirty to Me" is a sample from another song: "Hermetico" by Balkan Beat Box.
The version I linked has some mild language(a couple bull****).Maybe they have a clean version on ITunes. But still pretty tame considering you hear that word on prime time network tv these days!(man, I sound old)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back