Parents About to faint over the price of this leotard

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sizing leos

I am usually the one that measures the girls. :) I do pretty good. The main measurement is the girth. :)
We have done the sizing leos. We used Alpha Factor. When we got the leos in, they did not fit. The rep would not return our call. We will not order from them again.
This year, a lady from a dance store that sales leos Snowflake is coming to measure the girls. :)

At one very late season meet I happened to sit next to the parents of a girl who was struggling to come back from an injury. They said something like this: "If she just gets and 8.0 on vault, she'll qualify for States and that leo will only cost $135 per wearing."

At one very late season meet I happened to sit next to the parents of a girl who was struggling to come back from an injury. They said something like this: "If she just gets and 8.0 on vault, she'll qualify for States and that leo will only cost $135 per wearing."

For some reason, that comment cracked me up. I was just wondering where you were, rbw. Miss your wisdom here on the boards. I have never figured out how much DDs leos cost per meet, too funny.

At our gym the L1 - L4 have used the same comp leos for years, and every year they have a second-hand sale, so we picked up one for about $35, plus a tracksuit for about the same price. I think even the new leos and tracksuits are only about $100 (and that's NZ dollars, so it's less than US dollars). At the higher levels, they do change comp leos more often and they are flasher with more bling.

OMG...that is sooo funny. So that means that my DD's last Level 5 leo would have cost $80.00 per meet!! Actually $80.00 per event (she only competed bars last season after moving up to L5 due to a broken foot). Luckily she could wear the same warm ups that she had in Level 4.

We live near the Dreamlight factory so they send folks out to the gym to measure the girls. My dd is in a 6X/7 this year, up from 4-6 the last two years and seems to have plenty of room to grow. Our leo is nearly $200 new, but I was able to find a used one for half that. I think the reason for the expense is the stones - it's got a load of them. I just hope we keep this leo for more than one year!

OOHH, this is a painful year for me - my DD is moving up from compulsory to optionals (new leo AND warmup) and we need to purchase a floor routine $250. Our gym is getting new leos for the optionals this year so we have only heard rumors on the cost, but I have heard anywhere from $200-280. Her leo last year for compulsory level was $180. Our warmup has bling on the jacket as well, so I know it won't be cheap:( And it all has to be paid for in the next month. Geez....

We will find out the exact costs next Monday. Can't wait....

Our gym bought a heat press on ebay and saves a ton of money by oredering the rhinestone heat transfers from the rhinetoneguy, she helped us come up with the design and they soct about $7 cad each and they are quite lovely. The heat press pays for itself as it can be used for other t's and even to make the odd grilled cheese. YUM

The HC bought plain black velour AF warm ups and blinged them herself, they look lovely and they cost about $70 with the bling added. The quotes from AF for the same thing were very pricey.

Ugh, I completely forgot about the floor routine. Still not 100% sure dd will need one (she needs to get her giants to compete L7) but it's entirely possible. I think that runs $300 or so at our gym.

I can't tell you how happy I am right now! Someone GAVE me a warm up for Emma. She found one in the next size up for her daughter for $15 and gave us the old one in my daughter's size. What a huge relief!
Jennifer

Jennifer,
It's great that you got such a good deal! Hurray! You'll be glad to know that the gym tries to keep the same leos and warm-up designs for a long time.
--Jen ;) (Do you recognize my username/email?)

At my DD's old gym - The comp leo of course is totally custom and cost $185 + $5 for hair scrunchie. another $225 for the warm up suit that consists of warm up pants and a jacket. $75 for the gym bag, and $85 for the warm up leotard (yes they have to get it and they only wear it to warm up at meets what a waste of money)

She has just been sized up for the items at the new gym but they haven't let us know yet what the items are or how much they cost.

The title of this thread made me laugh out loud because I think I said those exact words a few days ago! Yes, leos are expensive, my dd's is just under $200 this year, thankfully we are using the same warm-up from last year so that was helpful. Irenic, I think you asked about gym bags a few pages back, I just wanted to say you might want to look for a bag that has a bottle holder on the outside of the bag. Last year my daughters didn't have that and we just put her water bottle inside the bag, which then leaked allover her bag soaking her wrist supports. Even if the bottle doesn't leak, the condensation alone could make the bag pretty wet . Hope that helps:)

Irenic, I think you asked about gym bags a few pages back, I just wanted to say you might want to look for a bag that has a bottle holder on the outside of the bag. Last year my daughters didn't have that and we just put her water bottle inside the bag, which then leaked allover her bag soaking her wrist supports. Even if the bottle doesn't leak, the condensation alone could make the bag pretty wet . Hope that helps:)

Ahh - good point! Thanks for that tip!

Our gym tries really hard to keep the leos and warm-ups at a reasonable price. The leos (which are, of course, long sleeved and designed for our gym) are $100 and the warm-ups and bag are right around $110. And they wear the same leos and warm-ups for many years. They also have a 'system' where you can bring in previous years comp leos/warm-ups for a credit and our gym will sell it to another team member. We were able to get our daughters team leo for $30 and it's basically brand new!

Our gym also credits us 50% for the comp leos and warm up. They sell them on for the same price and we get a nice reduction. However next year we are supposed to get new leos so there will be no credit/buy back. Hope the new one is nice!

Question, though, about bags. Our gym doesn't do them (or, I should say, hasn't in the past. We'll find out for definite on 8/3 what this year entails) and I've always thought they looked so nice to have a team have the same bag. Anyway - my point - Q will need a bag, then, and I'm looking around in case I need to order/find one. What brands are your bags? What size? Any special features?

I happened to notice a flyer in the gym today for Alpha Factor Aerials and they had a cute pink backpack on the last page. I don't want to put a link to it because I had to sign in on their website under dd's gym but it's listed in the gifts area.

Bags. We have done it all. From expensive matching bags to matching bags bought at Dirt Cheap and monogramed by a parent(Reebok bags). The Reebok bags tore up. The matching bags bought elsewhere were great and held up. Currently dds are using Nike drawstring bags. They are holding up and the kids prefer them. For comp, her coach said she has picked bags out. I haven't seen them or the price.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back