Already better than last season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastbeth

Moderator/Gymnast
I had my first meet of the season yesterday, and thought I'd share the results. It was a really small, local meet that my gym goes to every year. This is my second year at level 9, and a lot of meets last season did not go well at ALL.

Vault- 8.65! (2nd place) I did a piked yurchenko, and actually landed on my feet, only took one extra step! That alone is a huge improvement over a lot of my scores from last year. I am SO happy with how I did on vault.

Bars- 8.5 (4th place). On the shootover, one of my hands slipped, causing my arm to bend, and then my hips bent and my legs fell and bounced off the ground. Other than that, the routine was great. My double flyaways have been really iffy lately, but I stuck it! That was a huge confidence booster.

Beam- 7.7 (no placement) I fell on my BHS BT. And then on the dismount, my foot somehow slipped on the roundoff and I landed on my knees out of the full. Other than that, I'm really happy with how I did on beam, I struggled with beam all of last season, this routine was pretty much better than ANYTHING that I competed last season. So even with the low score, I'm extremely proud of how I did.

Floor- 9.0!!! (2nd place) Probably one of the best floor routines I've done at level 9, if not THE best. The only large deduction I had was stepping both feet out of bounds on my FHS, front layout, front pike. The floor was so much bouncier than I had expected, I went flying right off the floor!

AA: 33.85 (4th!!!!) I am SO happy with how I did. Last season I fell more than once at every meet...The first meet last year I don't think I even got above a 7.9! This season is already 100X better than last season, I couldn't be more excited for this season! :D

Beth what a great meet report and I love you attitude to your meet. Great results and you are alreay seeing the results of your hard work this year.

WTG Beth. An fantastic meet. I bet your so excited to see what the rest of the season brings

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back