Parents Anyone competing this weekend?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd is level 3, she is 7. She did two compulsory meets in November. I think she did great. In her second she had a 33 overall and got her first 9.0, it was on vault. She will be competing in two meets in February, so for now it is just practice, practice, practice. She did get her press handstand over Christmas break - she is very excited and could not wait to get back to the gym today to tell her coaches.

dd will compete her first official meet today,she was bouncing of the wall yesterday evening,hope she will do fine.

Good Luck to all those competing today or later this weekend!!

DD did very well.This is her second year of Level 7.She is ready for Level 8 on vault and floor but still needs to practice more for beam and bars.She earned a 37.125 in the All-around,her personal best so far.Here are her scores:
Vault 9.625
Bars 9.575
Beam 8.925 (had a fall)
Floor 9.0 (also had fall)
We are very proud of her.

You can watch her meet on:

http://youtube.com/hunde2

DD has a meet this weekend, MD Terrapin's Invitational, near UMD-Baltimore. She's a level 6 and we are hoping she can do her flyaway this week during practice for the meet!!! She's terrified outside the pit...can't say I don't blame her! ;)

Wow she did awesome:) Hunde2:) I am off to watch the videos.. I can't wait to see them. Way to go to your daughter on such a great meet:) You must both be so proud:)

I just watched the videos. Your daughter is amazing:) She did great:) Her bar routine is very very good:) and I love her floor routine and her switch leaps are beautiful:)

My gymie begins her journey as an optional gymnast on Sat. Meet is about a 2 hour drive, but they don't have to be there until 12:45, so we won't have to get up early. Unless things have changed, they will start on bars---modified Capitol Cup format which my gymie likes alot more than the traditional warm up all 4 then start to compete.

My dd has her 2nd Level 4 meet on Friday. I have to take 1/2 day vacation to pick her up from school and get down there by 3:30. It's a 2 hour drive so I may make her take a nap in the car! :)

chelsea has a meet Sunday in St. Louis.. anybody else gonna be there?? We live in Memphis so it's about a 5 hr drive.. but we're leaving tomorrow morning because my best friend lives there so we're gonna spend a couple of days with them before the meet Sunday :)

My dd is really looking forward to the meet today. She said to me this morning that she doesn't want to go to school, she just wants to go to the meet. We have a slight problem, though. She fell off the bars last night while doing her mill circle release when bringing her leg over the bar. She didn't quite get her hand out of the way quick enough and she flew forward, landing on the side of her head/neck/shoulder. She's okay. She was scared but just very sore today. Should be interesting to see if she can even do anything today. I'm going to keep her pumped full of Motrin and put some Therma-heat bands on her on the 2 hour drive to the meet. Keep your fingers crossed that she hasn't developed a fear of doing the skills now!:(

Netty--hope dd feels improved by the time she gets to the meet. Between the Motrin, excitement and some stretching she'll get to do in warm up, she may forget that she had that fall.

I'm just hoping my gymie has a solid practice tonight. Last week she had a meltdown. I think she suddenly realized that her 1st meet was in 1 week and just lost it. Thank heavens this week she has had 3 good practices(per her). This is where getting hammered with homework has been somewhat positive---she hasn't really had time to sit around and THINK/WORRY. The coaches at this gym have the philosophy of "loose and laughing" the week of a meet. Doesn't mean they're not working or focusing, but there isn't alot of talk about scores and "we have to win." The kids put enough pressure on themselves without anyone else adding it on. I just hope she is able to have solid routines----not looking for anything spectacular the 1st meet as a L7.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

Well, my dd made it through her 2nd meet on Friday. She was sore from her fall on Thursday night but I gave her Motrin. Between that and the stretching, she seemed to forget all about it. Her scores were:

Vault: 8.55
Bars: 7.80
Beam: 8.2 (took 4th place)
Floor: 7.75
AA: 32.30 (7th place) for the 6 year old Level 4's

She's still missing the ROBHS on floor and the front hip circle on bars. Once she gets those her scores should improve. I was very proud of her for getting through it with the pain she was having. She's my little trooper!:)

You would not believe the little girl that won the AA for the 6-year olds. She was truly amazing and a joy to watch. She scored an unbelievable 9.7 on the beam. We were all speculating how old she was, all secretly hoping she wouldn't be in our dd's age group. Of course she ended up being in the group with my dd. But, that's okay. She deserved it. She scored over 37.0 in the AA, beating out every other gymnast there. There were 72 in all, I believe!

Last edited by a moderator:
netty -

congrats to your dd! She is doing great even without those 2 skills - once she has them watch out! :D Hope that she is feeling better now. Tx for the meet report - nic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back