Back flexibility problem

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys, I'm new to Chalkbucket, I am currently an level 4 gymnast. My back walkovers and back handsprings need alot of improvement. My coach says I have no 'Arch' in my back. I can barely do a backbend sometimes

I've gotten my back checked this weekend, they said it was fine. So I'm just wondering if you guys have any back-flexibility tips for me, I'll take any tips you have. Thanks.

^ those are helpful and make sure you do them daily and hold them for as long as possible. You'll get more flexible with practice!!

Also focus on shoulder flexibility. Push your chest over your hands when you're in your bridge, concentrate on straight legs. If you can't push them all the way through put them on something elevated and slowly lower it. It takes pressure off your lower back and makes skills like Walkovers and Back Handsprings a lot easier once you're able to do a correct bridge. The back flexibility will come along.

Seal pose is good, some others are fish pose, cat pose and cow pose. Also I've found holding bridges with your legs straight and knees together (for as long as you can) are also great for back flexibility.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back