Back walk overs on beam help?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

Tayloir

Hi,

Okay I was wondering if you guys could help me with my back walk over on beam. I have had it for awhile but then we will stop doing them and I will lose it again so its very frustrating having to re-learn in during practise. Now if I am on low beam I am not scared to go back but once I move up to the medium beam with spot I start to freak out. I don't know where it comes from since I've never fallen on medium beam (only on low beam and it was a pretty bad fall ) I don't really nwo what else to do and I really want to make this consistent

The best advice i've recieved for getting past a fear is from Lizzy Leduc VIA instagram (ha!). She said to "Just go for it once and after that you will realize it isn't so bad." You just have to make yourself go. You have been doing this skill forever and haven't hurt yourself yet. What makes you think doing them on medium beam will be any different? I got my BWO on high beam by stacking mats and as i got more comfortable I removed mats. Set an amount you will do on low beam (like 3-4) then if you do all those in row stuck make yourself move to medium beam. Don't sit up there and let yourself be scared. If you don't go after three seconds, get off, calm down & try again in a few minutes. Stop telling yourself you CAN'T do it and tell yourself you can and have before. a Positive attitude makes all the difference!! As for making it consistent, make yourself do x amount on the beam that scares you the most every practice so you don't get afraid all over. Good luck! I hope you get your BWO soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back