Backbend Kickovers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast_bre

Ok, long story.

I just got moved up to the next class and I have a recital in about 3 weeks, on January 28th. I haven't perfected all the material in the new class - back hip circles on bars, forward rolls & jumps on beam, and backbend kickovers on floor. I know for sure that backbend kickovers are going to be in the floor routine at the recital. I can do a backbend 100% of the time, but I need an incline mat to kick over. And even then, I only get it about 80% of the time. I've seen on some other forums to look at your hands, but others say to keep your head neutral. I have looked at some of the threads here at CB, but I still can't seem to get them. I know it's hard without seeing it =( but I do the backbend, keep my head neutral, walk my feet in, get on my left-foot tiptoes and swing my right leg. And push off with my left foot. But with no incline, I always seem to come back down.

Any advice? Thanks a TON =) Check out my other threads too!

When I was learning the kickover, my coach usually told me to push my chest forward...like away from your feet if that makes sense. It did help me and remember practice makes perfect so juts keep trying and trying and you will get it :) Update when you achieve it :D

My coach always says to contract in..like pull in your stomach like you're starting to hollow. Hope this helped! :)

Bridge Kickovers - finally!!!

I can't BELIEVE it!

So earlier today, I got my bridge to stand. My sister just came home and I was like "I DID IT!!!" so she came over and watched me lie on my mat and start pushing up to bridge. Then she said, "Oh, I know...the kickover finally?" I said no, sadly, and proceeded. It was nice...

So about 10 minutes ago, I started thinking...maybe I could try my kickover again. And ABRACADABRA, that was it! SQUEAL! So happy today - 2 skills in one day. Both of which I've been trying so hard at. In the kickover, once I did it, I felt something different, as if I were pushing differently.

Anyway, just a quick update (well, brag alert!). Thanks to EVERYONE here at CB who gave me advice on these two skills!!! :p

I GOT IT!!! Thank you SO much EVERYONE. You guys are magic. 8)

its all about shoulder position - get your shoulers in front of your hands if you can then its easy to shift your centre of gravity - good luk

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back