Backtucks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone! Ok I'm really weird....
When my coach is spotting (not really, just touching me with one finger) me on my roundoff-backhandspring-back tuck on floor... I can literally see her head. That's how high I go. And I KNOW I have it by myself, but everytime I do it by myself, I just end up not setting and doing an ugly whip. And then I land too far forward on my ankle, and then I have to take time off from tumbling. And I'm doing USAIGC silver, so I need my tuck. Any advice? If not, that's fine.. It's not the most common problem haha.
It just totally bugs me because I definatly have it by myself. And I don't chicken out at the last minute or anything so... yeah. This might just take time to get... although I'v been working on this for like a year with this problem.:confused:

Thanks! And God bless!:D

How long has she been doing this. If it has not been a long time, it's just a matter of time before you get over this or end up being too fast for her to spot and realize you're doing it yourself and don't need her.

Eventually, she'll just be standing by to guide you down, then a few feet away, then on the side floor.

Continue to just work hard and get your reps in.

A good drill that I use a lot is to get a large spotting block or table trainer and practice jumping up, tucking, and landing on your back (make sure you tuck before you start rotating backward). This will teach you the correct motion and if you do it enough then your body will memorize the position and you'll be able to transition it to your tumbling pass.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back