WAG Bars with a boot

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

So I'm in the boot for three weeks... I haven't been to the gym at all for 3 (?) weeks... I was taking a little break. I'm going two days a week for 2 or 3 hours each night. Any suggestions for bars with the boot? We also don't have a pit if that makes a difference.

What is your injury and what does the doctor say? My dd was in a leg brace for a broken leg and the doctor said absolutely no bars, that if she came off the bar ,or even drug her foot, it could mean a much longer recovery.

Sets of kip casts , giants, circling elements, with the boot off.

What is your injury and what does the doctor say? My dd was in a leg brace for a broken leg and the doctor said absolutely no bars, that if she came off the bar ,or even drug her foot, it could mean a much longer recovery.
They aren't quite sure... something with ligaments, tendons, muscles, etc. Mri on thursday. My doctor said I can do bars minus anything on my feet and no dismounts

My doctor said I can do bars minus anything on my feet and no dismounts

You have your answer. Follow the Dr.'s suggestions and provide to coach staff at the gym. Lots to do, I say. Check with Coach(s) as they have the best info on your skills, goals and fitness.

SBG -

ooh that is a good idea... as I can't use ankle weights (something my pt said idk). Sending healing vibes to your daughter
My dd is currently in a boot and is doing lots of bars with the boot and a tennis shoe on.

I was recently in a boot and was able to do bars. Just be aware that you might need a spot on basic skills. Simple things like back hip circles are kind of scary. Something about momentum?!?!

I'm in the same boat and my coaches are very careful with what I can and cannot do because the boot throws off your balance completely. Also be careful not to smack your shins on the bar

They aren't quite sure... something with ligaments, tendons, muscles, etc. Mri on thursday. My doctor said I can do bars minus anything on my feet and no dismounts
Put an ankle weight on the other foot and do sets of kips and casts. Do small freehip circles for shaping, but don't try to go to handstand as the extra weight will set you off balance. If you have a strap bar you can do giants on there. Strength is also an option.

Be very careful not to knock your boot on the bar as it ruins the finish to the bar.

Reactions: sce
I'm in the same boat and my coaches are very careful with what I can and cannot do because the boot throws off your balance completely. Also be careful not to smack your shins on the bar
This is one of the times that ankle weights make sense. A small weight on the non-booted ankle helps balance out the weight of the boot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back