WAG Beam Forward skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I want a forward or side acro skill in my beam routine.

So far, I am doing a BH and a Back Tuck.

I don't want a Cartwheel. I have my side aerial but I think it will be hard on beam.
So I thought about a Front Toss to Sit on beam!

Here is a video:

Is this a hard move? Do you think it is harder than a Side Aerial? Can I get it in 6 months?
I never tried it, though, but it doesn't look that hard.

Thanks!

What level are you? That doesn't look too hard to me, for someone who can do back tucks. My DD does a RO but she's an xcel gold. Her friend is a L7 and does a front tuck and another L7 friend does a FHS (in addition to back tumbling).

Reactions: sce
What level are you? That doesn't look too hard to me, for someone who can do back tucks. My DD does a RO but she's an xcel gold. Her friend is a L7 and does a front tuck and another L7 friend does a FHS (in addition to back tumbling).

Thank you! I know RO and Front Walkovers meet the requirements too. But I don't think ROs look pretty and besides that, I think they are VERY scary on beam, because of the half twist. I am not good at walkovers, so they are a no.
I have thought about a FH stepout, I have never tried it but I actually think a front toss to sit looks easier!

Thanks anyways!

That seems hard to do because it would be so hard to land right on top of the beam. I've never tried it either. You could do a handstand forward roll or free roll, but they're not very flippy.

A Front Tuck to sit is a C and a Front Tuck ON beam is a D... A front aerial ON beam is a D, so a Front Aerial to sit is probably a C... And not allowed until L8 (you are allowed ONE C other than C dance and specified Cs on Bars)... and it seems that it would be difficult to "catch" the landing on Beam.

My DD sd putting her side aerial on beam was really easy. Only took her about a month to get it consistent once she had it on a line. She actually working on connecting it to something else. You should try to get it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back