Parents Bella got her kip!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

Our gym is holding a four day mini camp for all team members to determine who is competing which levels. I was a bit worried about having Bella in gym from 9AM to 4PM given that she struggles with focus but she did really well.

I came to gym a bit early to pick her up and the coaches were letting them work whatever stations they wanted as "free time." Bella, of course, went to bars. And I'm happy to say that she got her kip today!!! She did about twenty of them before her arms gave out.

I'm just so proud of her. Getting that kip gave her a lot of confidence. She is trying to make our USAG L4 rather than the AAU L4 team and thinks that she had a great day. The kip was gravy.

AWESOME job Bella

What a great day for her! I laughed out loud over your second post. ;) She seems like such a character! ;)

What a great day for her! I laughed out loud over your second post. ;) She seems like such a character! ;)

LOL She wears me out. She never stops looking up. The day she turned 7, she started talking about when she is 8. She hasn't even officially been put on an L4 team yet but she's telling me about how when she's an L5, blah blah blah. She's going into 2nd grade and she is tellng me everything she's going to do in college.

I just want to tell her to slow down and enjoy where she is right now, but she always has to be going and going.

Way to go Bella! Sounds like a girl who should be on the USAG team to me. I laughed about her talk about college. My 5 year old today wanted to know what would happen if I couldn't get her to the DMV for her drivers license exam when she turns 16! Where do they come up with these things????

Congrats to Bella! Hope this gives her the motivation for the rest of the week. Sounds like she needed a bit of a challenge :)

Way to go Bella!! Twenty kips...now that's showing them how determined you are!! Bella sounds ALOT like my DD too...today she just HAD to wear a sports bra..."The other girls wear them, Mom!" Oh brother!!

Way to go Bella! So exciting. I know this was a big week for her and it sounds like she blew past the challenge and expectations.

WTG, Bella!! That kip is a biggie, and she should feel proud. she sounds like my little girl....celebrate for all of two seconds- then on to the next challenge!!! :D

Holy smokes she learned that fast!! Wasn't it about two weeks ago that you first posted that she just starting to work on it? I hope the coaches recognize her hard work and put her on the USAG team. Congratulations, Bella!

It was more like a month, I think. I am shocked that she got it that fast. I've been telling her that it was going to take her months and months to learn it.

And she's such a little snot (in a good way). She came home from camp and informed me that I was wrong, that she did NOT lose her kip. :rolleyes:

I wish she was as determined to develop her artistry and dance as she is to be a bar worker and tumbler.

A big congrats to Miss Bella. Way to go. I know what you mean about them always being a few steps ahead in their mind...but thats a good thing..right? LOL

Congrats to her for such determination! I'm so new at this I'm not even sure I would know a kip if I saw one, lol. I didn't even know there was AAU and/or USAG 2 weeks ago and I've gotten a crash course in that. My daughter sounds a lot like yours. Today is optional for us and I asked her if she wanted to go. She looks at me totally straight-faced and said, "Seriously? You're really going to ask me that?". So off we go....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back