Blood blister and straddle undershoot

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey, I am a general gymnast and do one hour of gymnastics each week. During this time I spend between fifteen and twenty five minutes on bars. Last night I got a blood blister beneath my middle finger at the top of my palm. All I have done so far is run it under cold water for a couple of minutes. Is there anything I can do to help it go down, and any ways to prevent getting blisters? Also, I have been working on straddle undershoot for a while now, but when I try to get my feet onto the bar, my toes tap it and then just fall off. I have been told I lean back too far so my shoulders aren't over the bar. I would appreciate any tips of how to stop doing this so I will actually be able to do a straddle undershoot. Thanks!

that ^^^^ and sterilize the end of a needle by using a match or lighter. then 'poke' a hole in that blood blister. then wash your hands afterwards.:)

you don't want to leave those there if they're rather large. they will harden and not absorb. next time you rip, you'll rip that out and then some.:)

I got a blood blister last night and my coach just said to keep doing bars until it ripped so it wouldn't get worse. I did a kip and it opened. it did not rip just oped up a little and let the blood out. I washed my hands and went back to tumble. For after care, my coach said to put regular(not flavored) Chapstick on it and not to tape it. Hoped that helped!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back