Parents Brag - J. got her kip!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmutti

Proud Parent
My dd J. has been so close to getting her kip for a couple of weeks. Last night it finally happened!!! She was able to do 4 kips and she is really excited about coming to practice tonight to do more. I am so glad she got it 3 weeks before we head off to Disney so that she can continue practicing it. She knows she'll likely lose it for awhile but now she has the confidence that she WILL get it again! I am so proud of her!!!!!

Thanks for the congratulations! She made 9 more tonight so slowly but surely! She's attending a party at the gym tomorrow night and is hoping to try a few more if they'll let her. By the end of practice tonight she said she was making almost 50% of her tries.

Thank you all so much for your messages. She is worried that it's going to disappear - especially when we go off to Disney World for a week in mid-June. Yesterday she was at practice and the coach gave her a goal of making 25 which she just squeaked by making before they rotated to vault. She still has bent arms on most kips but has made a few with straight arms. She is just so incredibly excited now that she's made it - a huge monkey off her back. She's got all of the summer to hopefully get it consistently - fingers crossed! As a parent, I'm just so proud of every little step forward she makes. I can't wait to see her compete for the first time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back