WAG Bruised foot from BT on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MBJ974

Coach
Proud Parent
DD is suffering from a very bruised foot from doing standing back tucks on beam. It is preventing her from getting in her reps/routines before Easterns. It is the the inside of the back foot when she lands. Is there anything she can do to help this or is this another one of those things that she has to work through?

My dd has to limit her BTs on beam to save her feet. She has had bone bruises before on her heel and that took forever to heal. She uses a beam pad as much as possible for hard landings and at one point started wearing her cheetah cups (that she had used during severs flare ups) to try to cushion the landing some. Other than limiting reps and cushioning the landing, I would look for ways to heal bruises.

DD used to tell me that her coach would limit her BT reps on beam to help save the girls feet. They also would use a mat from time to time on the beam. Hope she is feeling better quickly!

@Seeker - I'm going to get some of those socks. DD hates the stinging feeling from the impact of BT. Would they help with FT too? FT has been way worse for her with the bruising.

Not to be negative or worrisome, but mine had a bruise under foot from bad beam landing that was “just bruised” and she ignored.....turned into a major ordeal (broken bone). Unless you absolutely know that it’s a bruise I recommend checking it out with Orthopaedic....had we done so sooner it might not have been as bad as it was

Not to be negative or worrisome, but mine had a bruise under foot from bad beam landing that was “just bruised” and she ignored.....turned into a major ordeal (broken bone). Unless you absolutely know that it’s a bruise I recommend checking it out with Orthopaedic....had we done so sooner it might not have been as bad as it was

Yikes. OK. Thanks for the advice. A couple of days ago I noticed that DD had some discoloration on her foot and I asked her about it. She said it was a bruise from last October. She did a FT on beam and one heel landed on her foot which I vaguely remembered. At the time her foot bruised up a little and she wasn't in pain and I remember her commenting around December that she still had the bruise but I didn't think too much about it. She's been out of the gym since mid-Feb with stress fractures in her back.

Ugh - DD is not even doing anything now and this sport still stresses me out.

Yikes. OK. Thanks for the advice. A couple of days ago I noticed that DD had some discoloration on her foot and I asked her about it. She said it was a bruise from last October. She did a FT on beam and one heel landed on her foot which I vaguely remembered. At the time her foot bruised up a little and she wasn't in pain and I remember her commenting around December that she still had the bruise but I didn't think too much about it. She's been out of the gym since mid-Feb with stress fractures in her back.

Ugh - DD is not even doing anything now and this sport still stresses me out.

My dd’s bruise was on inside of mid-arch. We figure at that point she probably had a stress reaction in the bone....but because it was “just a bruise” she kept going on it another month or more and turned it into a very nasty stress fracture. I really hope that that is not what yours has, that hers is really just bruised....but better to know now. Honestly if we had shut our dd down for a few weeks after the bruise it most likely would’ve been resolved quickly. I so wish we would have taken the bruise more seriously.....hindsight is wonderful right

@flippin out -- Thanks for sharing more. DD's bruise is on the top of the foot, in between her big and 2nd toe, about an inch below. The bruise is pretty mottled looking and I think I only noticed it because the sun was directly on it. I will get it looked at. Dang it. :(

Dd had what looked like bruise from BT on beam. ER said no break. Took to orthopod to double check. MRI showed break at medial cuneiform. Thank goodness Lisfranc ligament ok. Six weeks in boot and 4-5 weeks PT before back. Missed Level 8 regionals. Would have been easy to dismiss. Get her to a doc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back