WAG BWO L4 Floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

poodlemomma

Proud Parent
Is there a different skill that can be opted in instead of the BWO during L4 floor routine. I know I read on here that they can do a BHS on the beam instead of the BWO at L5. Just wondering if there was a different skill that could be done here as well. My DD back is hurting her during this specific skill. Thanks.

I'm not sure. I guess if her back is hurting I'd ask if she can just leave it out and take the deduction at a minimum; but first I would have her at the doctor ASAP. If it is hurting bad enough that she is looking for something else to do in a compulsory routine then IMO it is definitely hurting bad enough to be worried.

Is there a different skill that can be opted in instead of the BWO during L4 floor routine. I know I read on here that they can do a BHS on the beam instead of the BWO at L5. Just wondering if there was a different skill that could be done here as well. My DD back is hurting her during this specific skill. Thanks.
No, but the far bigger worry is the fact that her back hurts to the point of wanting to omit that skill. Usually comes from too many, done incorrectly, or worst of all, too many done incorrectly...... You definitely need to let the HC know asap that she has this problem, and ask them what their thoughts are on this and how are they going to address it. Good luck to you both.

Even after talking to the coach, I would get her checked out by her doctor. You don't want to mess with a back injury and serious injuries can be caused by incorrect form on a BWO.

No, she can not replace the skill. But I should warn you, if she omits the skill they will deduct double the value of that skill. I'm pretty sure a back walkover is worth .4, so they'd deduct .8 off her score.

But like @kandkfunk and @Gymsanity both stated, you should really get her back checked out. It may be a flexibility issue or it may be a form/technique problem. Or just simply over-working the skill. Here's a great article you should check out: http://swingbig.org/where-are-back-injuries-coming-from-and-how-do-we-avoid-them/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back