Parents Can I just say?!....WOW!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

meganliz77

Proud Parent
With the first month of the summer training season winding down, can I just say how excited I am for the next couple of months?!

I don't get to watch my daughter at all during the summer sessions, but thankfully coach will record new skills and send them to me to keep me up to speed!

I'm always in awe of these amazing little athletes (she's level 3/4 and just turned 7). She is learning some very important life skills along the way, and it's awesome to witness.... For instance--- hard work will pay off, never give up, overcoming fears, when you feel like you want to give up do three more of whatever it is you are trying to do, if your arms are tired the next day- the day before was a success, practice will make perfect (or real flipping close to perfect ;) .

She has never ever not wanted to go to gym. She's there early and even allowed to train late. It still amazes me how she can be such a hard worker at the gym but at home.... Gheesh!

She saw the "big girls" who recently were officially moved to lvl 4 this spring working on aerials last week. She kept trying to recreate what she saw them doing, even though they weren't working on them yet... She persisted and insisted and got her aerial this week... She was as proud as pickle!!

Front handsprings, back tucks, kips (oh so close ...)... I won't pretend to know most if what they do... Lol.. So much accomplished in what seems like such little time!

I admire my daughter, and really all gymnasts... Truly the most amazing of athletes and I'm so excited I get to experience the sport with my daughter!!

This is such a great time of year with all the extra time at the gym there are so many new skills I am always surprised by all that these little bodies can do.

It's all fun until the meet schedule comes out and coaches fees, meet fees, new leo costs, travel expenses are due. Ha ha. Just got ours today.

LOL! Yes we got our meet schedule about a month ago, and already made our first $300 installment payment for fees, leo, membership... Only two more payments to go!!! Lol

It's a good thing I never I expected this to be a cheap activity!! But I'm told she's got serious talent, tons of heart and even more drive and she loves it-- conditioning and all!!! The cost is a sacrifice I'm willing to make! But yeah OUCH! ;) lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back