Cast squat on!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know I should know how to do this by now, but sadly I don't!! My cast squat on is the worst on the team!! Tips and drills please!!

Tips

I can't do this, but i do have a drill (and a tip):

• Place a large mat, or stacked mats so that the mats are just under the bar. You should start in a hollow prone with your hands on the bar and jump to squat on the bar.
  • Ensure that you are keeping their weight over your hands throughout this skill.
Here is a link to a video on cast squat ons: Cast Squat On (Uneven Bars) - YouTube

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I just started learning how to do these as well :) some things that have helped me:

> keep your knees together during your cast, and keep them together while you swing your feet on the bar.

> keep your cast pretty big. You don't need to get to horizontal or anything, but when you do a good cast, your shoulders should stay over the bar, and you will be able to swing your feet up easier.

One last thing,
Control is CRUCIAL. If you don't control your motions, you will end up face planting the mat like I did last practice :)

When I was learning them, we did a drill with a floor bar. You get into a pushup position with your hands on the floor bar, then jump your feet onto the bar and stand up. When that gets easy, then put a block under the low bar that's just slightly higher than the block and do the same thing, but with your hands on the low bar and your body in a pushup position on the block. And most important, keep your shoulders over the bar!

I struggled with these too, but what really helped me is getting a big cast, and making sure I actually bend my knees. Of course getting your shoulders over the bar is important too, but what helped me with that is spotting the ground a few feet in front of the bar. Keep your weight in your hands, big cast, and squat pretty tightly to get your toes on the bar. Don't be afraid to go for it, if you don't let go of the bar, you will be fine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back