Coaches Chalking the beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twisting007bigflip

Coach
Proud Parent
Can compulsory kids do this in a meet? I've always allowed kids to chalk their hands or feet if they need to, but I have a kid in class that feels like she needs to chalk the beam for her full turn...is this allowed in a meet? Also, what about the runway for vault? I know that you can't stick a mat down for them to hurdle over onto the springboard, but is it legal to mark their hurdle point in a meet? I never have, and probably won't ever ( usually we count out steps and use the tape measure, but I was just wondering out of curiosity.

I don't know about chalking the beam, but I'm pretty sure a chalk line on the vault runway is allowed. The way it was explained to me (which may be wrong but this is what our HC said), the hurdle-mat was banned because technically it is a "hand" mat for yurchenkos and the like and I guess too many kids were tripping over it or something. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with USAG not wanting compulsory kids to mark their hurdle, so a chalk line should be fine (we do this in practice all the time). Sorry I'm not better informed. Experts on this subject feel free to chime in here! :)

Chalk, tape or Velcro lines can be used on vault runway. It is fine for kids of any level to chalk their hands or feet at a meet for beam, but sometimes a meet host may ask you to refrain from putting chalk directly on their beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back