WAG Chosing the right gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am looking at enrolling my 4 years old in a recreational gymnastics program, hoping that she will be in a team in the future.
Some gyms seem to be USAG gyms and some other are not. My question is: what is the difference? Is it better to get her in a USAG gym or it doesn't really matter? How does it reflect on the teams?

It's hard to advise since she's only 4 and hasn't even done gymnastics yet, but I'd probably go with a gym that offers the widest range of choices--a gym that has both JO USAG and XCel (or other--I know other states offer different programs) teams. That gives the widest range of options, so you can see what would fit her best--if any does (hey, she may turn out to hate gymnastics!)--that's assuming all other things are equal (like you like the gym itself, costs, driving time, etc.)

If you are only planning on doing rec class with your DD then it really donsn't make a difference but if you think that team might be in the cards someday then I would probably go with USAG. In the end you have to go with the program that suites you, your family and your DD the best. What is best for you may not be best for someone else.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back