WAG Christmas vs. Gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We get Thanksgiving off and Christmas Day and New Year's Day. That's it. It is the middle of our season so we really don't want to miss much practice then.

We are closing on the 23rd December then opening on 2nd January. So we get a week and a bit off. But it's the only point, all year round that we shut the gym. But rec finish on the 20th and come back on the 13th.

Compulsories go the 23rd, 26th-28th and look to have all of New Year's week off. I think the coaches need a break too, as last year they did practice that week.

We used to have time off during the holidays but HC just sent us a revised schedule. 12/23 a 4-hour morning practice with a bonus 2 our evening practice. Off 12/24 & 25. 4-hour morning practice on 12/26 and 12/27. Another 4 hour morning practice and 2 hour evening bonus on 12/30 and then off on 12/31 and 1/1. Then on 1/2 we're back to normal. Whew!

We don't know our schedule yet, but we have been told there will be a week off. All kids are making up Labor Day on the 23.

They usually close for regular practices for the two week school break, but will have modified daytime practices for some groups.

My kids got black friday off. Not because HC wanted them to have it off...he couldn't get any other coaches to come in and work. They all went shopping, bwahahaha!!

My dd will get exactly three days out of her regular work out schedule off over the two weeks the gym is closed (to recreational classes) over Christmas/New year break. My ds will get two days. Their first meets are in January, so probably not a great idea to take weeks off of training. It's always been this way. Everyone is used to it.

Christmas is right smack dab in the middle of meet season for us. The gym itself is closed 24th-1st, but we also have practice 26th, 27th, 30th. There's a meet that weekend (before New Year's) AND the next weekend (after New Year's).

My dd has practice on 12/23, then she is off the 24th, the 25th and the 26th, then she has practice on the 27th. I think she is off the weekend and then has practice on Monday, the 30th. The compulsory girls do not have a meet until the 11th/12th of January and the optional girls won't have a meet until the 17th/18th, so having a little time off won't really hurt them. I could understand them practicing more if they had a meet the weekend after New Years.

We just got our practice schedule....no weekends, but every other day except Christmas Eve/Day and New years eve/day. 4 hours each day. Kind of glad :)

Our gym is done with practices for the year after Dec. 13th, however the gym is still open daily for open gym and we have free access whenever the gym is open so DD spends many hours there even when it isn't a scheduled practice. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back