College Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

<3gymgurl26<3

When I watch college gymnastics, a gymnast had tape on her back. Some of it is covered by her leotard and some of it is seen on her back. Does anyone know what it's for?? I was just curious.:confused:

although the above post is correct^^^i'm certain it had nothing to do with back pain. it had more to do with covering a tatoo.

although the above post is correct^^^i'm certain it had nothing to do with back pain. it had more to do with covering a tatoo.

Ha ha, Dunno! Really? Would a gymnast really get a tatoo somewhere it would show? I spent a good long time scrubbing temporary tatoos off my DD's arm this weekend, (starting with soap and water, then coconut oil, witch hazel, all without any results, and finally resorting to nail polish remover) before Sectionals. New house rule... no temporary tats during meet season! (and no permanent ones either)

As for the power of positive thinking, I bought my daughter a bottle of foaming bath oil that claims to soothe aches and pains. I can't imagine that it has any real healing powers above and beyond the heat of the bath and some temporary relaxation, but my DD swears by it, so I keep buying it. She's never been cleaner! Now if only they come out with a foaming bath oil that will soothe aches and pains while it removes temporary tatoos, we'll be all set! :)

you would not believe some of the tats that they have and where they're located...

Wow. Tattoos never occurred to me--I suppose because I'm too old and my daughter's too young for that.

Yes tatto was also the first thing that came to my mind. Some of them are only partially showing but they have to cover it up anyway.

With tats becoming more commonplace, I would think a bunch of tape stuck on a gymnasts back would be more distracting to a judge. just sayin :)

Ha ha, Dunno! Really? Would a gymnast really get a tatoo somewhere it would show? I spent a good long time scrubbing temporary tatoos off my DD's arm this weekend, (starting with soap and water, then coconut oil, witch hazel, all without any results, and finally resorting to nail polish remover) before Sectionals. New house rule... no temporary tats during meet season! (and no permanent ones either)

As for the power of positive thinking, I bought my daughter a bottle of foaming bath oil that claims to soothe aches and pains. I can't imagine that it has any real healing powers above and beyond the heat of the bath and some temporary relaxation, but my DD swears by it, so I keep buying it. She's never been cleaner! Now if only they come out with a foaming bath oil that will soothe aches and pains while it removes temporary tatoos, we'll be all set! :)

baby oil for temporary tattoos

Kinesio tape can definitely be used on the back. My dd's chiro has done it for her. Covering a tattoo is another possibility. The third one I know of is that one time Anna Li was asked about what the girls do about bras with the backless UCLA leos and she said they make tape bras.

Kinesio tape can definitely be used on the back. My dd's chiro has done it for her. Covering a tattoo is another possibility. The third one I know of is that one time Anna Li was asked about what the girls do about bras with the backless UCLA leos and she said they make tape bras.

ow! Tape bras, really? That CANNOT be comfortable!

My guess was a tattoo. Those darn things can be really inconvenient! ;)

Now THAT doesn't sound very comfortable...

Haha not at all. I know one of my friends said that her babysitter once made a duct tape bra. Doesnt sound very appealing in my opinion.

As for the power of positive thinking, I bought my daughter a bottle of foaming bath oil that claims to soothe aches and pains. I can't imagine that it has any real healing powers above and beyond the heat of the bath and some temporary relaxation, but my DD swears by it, so I keep buying it. She's never been cleaner!

Never underestimate the power of the placebo effect :)

I was thinking tattoo too. I have noticed Alicia Sacramone will wear a bandaide on the back of her neck to cover her tattoo there. (olympic rings i believe)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back