WAG USAIGC College Bound?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lime-gymnast

Gymnast
Does anybody know if the USAIGC program leads to collegiate gymnastics? I know the highest level is similar to level 10 in USAG but I guess it depends on your age? Let me know if you have or you know anyone who has competed that high a level in IGC to be recruited?

I have experience competing through USAIGC. If you live around D3 colleges in the eastern states you have a great shot if you get to Platinum/Premiere. The best colleges D3 will only take 10.0 SV routines, so if you have one or two strong events with full SV they'll generally take you. I know one girl from New York recently was a USAIGC Platinum and went to Brockport for beam! Also, if you would want to compete all around lower ranking D3 schools around here will take as low as 9.6 SV routines from what I've seen, with as little experience as just competing L9 routines on events. Anyways, there is definitely possibilities, if you're interested in pursuing college gymnastics I wish you the best of luck!

Also you can do college gymnastics at the club level. The NAIGC website has information on those schools. They even have Nationals. You need to check with the individual schools to confirm which schools have club.

My daughter is currently looking at colleges. Her first pass looking at schools are area of study, location and club gymnastics. There are 6 on the to visit list for now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back