Comments from other gymnasts regarding injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD has a possible rupture of a muscle in her groin. The tendon is involved and so it is slow to heal. She has been to her doctor and has been told how to care for it. As a result, some of the core exercises are too painful and she was told to modify her conditioning. Her coaches are aware of it and she has been told to do alternate exercises until it is completely healed. The problem is that some of her teammates are saying (loudly) behind her back that she is faking the injury. This is causing her much distress. She has tried telling them that when she is healed, she will be back to full workout, but they still continue. My advice to her so far has been to explain about her injury but ignore the comments. Should I talk to the coaches about the comments from the other gymnasts? Or to the parents of the gymnasts involved? Say nothing?

My DD has a possible rupture of a muscle in her groin. The tendon is involved and so it is slow to heal. She has been to her doctor and has been told how to care for it. As a result, some of the core exercises are too painful and she was told to modify her conditioning. Her coaches are aware of it and she has been told to do alternate exercises until it is completely healed. The problem is that some of her teammates are saying (loudly) behind her back that she is faking the injury. This is causing her much distress. She has tried telling them that when she is healed, she will be back to full workout, but they still continue. My advice to her so far has been to explain about her injury but ignore the comments. Should I talk to the coaches about the comments from the other gymnasts? Or to the parents of the gymnasts involved? Say nothing?

I think I might say something to the coaches so they can say something to all the gymnasts about injuries in general. Something like any girl with an injury that needs a modified condtioning routine needs a doctors note. That way the team knows if someone has a modified routine then its doctors orders. Maybe the coaches too could say something to the parents. But I think I would want it to be addressed by the gym.

I would certainly tell the coaches. Many gymnasts find themselves on modifiefd training plans and it is up to the coaches to ensure everything is going well in the gym.

Hope she recovers quickly!

well...maybe it's time to show her how to 'use' one of the fingers on her hand.;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back