connections on beam for level 8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i was wondering what you guys do for your connection on beam. i want something unique. i was thinking of doing back walkover roundoff. have you guys seen anyone do that?

My level 8 series was bhs bhs. Pretty typical, I guess, but also one of the more difficult connections so it looks good for the judges. I've never seen anybody do a back walkover roundoff. That sounds very cool! :) How would you do that, though? Just sort of rebound into a hurdle as soon as your back foot comes down? Maybe you could try something with a front handspring?? :) Rarely see that. Anyway, good luck!

My connection is backhandspring swing through bad leg cartwheel. It is different, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you can't get anything else because it doesn't really lead to anything. The reason common series (bwo bhs, bhs bhs) are common is because they lead into skills you'll need in 9 and 10 - bhs layout, etc. I think for level 9 I will try to do fhs bhs or fhs bt.

My series is a BHS BWO. I am scared to connect a BHS out of another skill, so that is something I will have to work on for level 9. I have not seen anyone do the series you want to do...but I am sure it will work! :)

Our determined and a little stubborn daughter is doing BHS-BHS-BT. She will be taking a deduction for having the BT in the routine but she wants it and has negotiated it. I guess we will see.

Our determined and a little stubborn daughter is doing BHS-BHS-BT. She will be taking a deduction for having the BT in the routine but she wants it and has negotiated it. I guess we will see.

My L8 girls do bhs bhs. My older daughter did a back tuck at her last meet but not as series and took the deduction, she just wanted to show she could do it. Nothing wrong with that:)

DD was a L8 for 2 years, did BHS BWO.. Rarely got connection value. This year is working BWO BHS or BHS BHS depending on what level she competes.

Beth did a BHS-BHS as a level 8. Our gym's level 8s all do BHS-BHS or BWO-BHS

DD did BHS BHS back flip dismount. It was good thing for her right up untill state where she missed it for the first time. UGH! It worked well the rest of the season. No pressure to do enything but get off after the 2 BHS.

I saw a girl doing back tuck BHS. Not level 8 but it looked nice and different. Might be good for level 9 next year :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back