Parents Crazy Gym Parent Alert

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When they brag darling daughter is packing a 37.50 aa and training for the olympics, and the kid is a 10 year old level 3..... again. Worse still is when the 37.50aa is two years past as what we now call old level 3/new level 2.
Lol, we had a new mom come to our gym with her daughter who was coming from a "TOPS" gym and was talking about how great the other gym was. She was only switching because we were closer - by 30 minutes on a good day. But then she was cutting down our coaches... they need to work with her daughter more... she is used to more one-on-one coaching... etc, but in Old L4, she had only scored a 34.00 AA (and the gym she came from wanted at least 1 36.00 AA or several 35+ and all the skills for the next level to move them up- I knew a few people from that gym). Her daughter was a slacker and she blamed it on the other girls. She wanted her daughter to compete Old L5 and she technically didn't even meet our (lax) definite move up standard. After a month and a half at our gym, mom was told that coach thought she should repeat L4 as a 9 yo. They left that day and never came back. The girl quit gym and started dance.... so now her mom is a CDM.

I hate the CGM who uses snide backhanded compliments,

((Spoken in weasely whiny voice)) "Oh your daughter did soooooooooo well last time on floor, such a Shame about her beam, she must be distraught" (No daughter is mad with herself for falling off on her full spin but can still rock the pants off your scarecrow )!

(((Margo goes off to have a little lie down, had to sit on OH after that one)

But then she was cutting down our coaches... they need to work with her daughter more... she is used to more one-on-one coaching... etc, but in Old L4, she had only scored a 34.00 AA. Her daughter was a slacker and she blamed it on the other girls.

Well, of course, that must be your fault. You didn't give her enough one-on-one time. :rolleyes:

(sarcasm, in case you didn't know)

I know a CGP who has for some reason made it his/DD's goal to beat another girl on their team. He doesn't seem to care about anyone else. It's really sad to witness. The dad says things to the other girls parents, and his DD cries when she doesn't win/beat the other girl. Sad too, because the kids are really good friends, and it's not going to end well.

A few weeks ago I saw a mom, whose daughter from what I could tell was in a preschool rec class, yell down some advice about training the team girls on bars to the girls head coach. I was thinking if I were that coach is make a mental note that her daughter would not ever be on my team.

A few weeks ago I saw a mom, whose daughter from what I could tell was in a preschool rec class, yell down some advice about training the team girls on bars to the girls head coach. I was thinking if I were that coach is make a mental note that her daughter would not ever be on my team.
or hand over the class to dear mom....

When your dd is taking 2-3 private lessons a week in addition to the 12-16 hour team practices.
When same dd is on a winning team, but your dd isn't winning enough for you in spite of the 2-3 privates a week, so you take her to a new gym and your dd scores out of the level she is on, and then scores out of the next level 2 weeks later so that she can move up quicker than her former teammates (who will also be moving up to the same level by August or September, so they will all be competing the same level come January anyway).
When you tell the other team parents that the gym is holding the girls back by not scoring them out and moving them up a level as soon as they score a 31.00 AA or higher.
When you spend $10,000 extra a year on private lessons and private trainers for your 10-yr-old compulsory gymnast.
When you switch gyms 11 times in 3 years trying to find an owner who will move your daughter up faster and put her in the level you think she should be in, moving across the country twice and claiming it's job-related (wow, and right near that famous gym, too. What a coincidence!). True story.

When your dd is taking 2-3 private lessons a week in addition to the 12-16 hour team practices.
When same dd is on a winning team, but your dd isn't winning enough for you in spite of the 2-3 privates a week, so you take her to a new gym and your dd scores out of the level she is on, and then scores out of the next level 2 weeks later so that she can move up quicker than her former teammates (who will also be moving up to the same level by August or September, so they will all be competing the same level come January anyway).
When you tell the other team parents that the gym is holding the girls back by not scoring them out and moving them up a level as soon as they score a 31.00 AA or higher.
When you spend $10,000 extra a year on private lessons and private trainers for your 10-yr-old compulsory gymnast.
When you switch gyms 11 times in 3 years trying to find an owner who will move your daughter up faster and put her in the level you think she should be in, moving across the country twice and claiming it's job-related (wow, and right near that famous gym, too. What a coincidence!). True story.
Well hmph!!!!.....

You obviously know nothing about recognizing talent and how to train an obvious choice for the 2024 olympic team.

We had a 38.05 last season, and the coaches can't even keep up with her ever since she scored that at states. Really, she was level 3 last spring, and they had her at level 3 *again* this fall.

Agreed! Pursuing Level 10 and NCAA as the ultimate dream goal may be a very sane approach indeed!! Staying healthy, happy, and balanced enough to have a college career is an important consideration.

Plus, I am becoming more and more a fan of NCAA gymnastics every year, it's so much fun to watch and follow these amazing athletes. Most of them are actually around a while and have lots of competitions. And it's fun for my daughter to be a fan of her two couple of favorite programs.

Any crazy gyms dads (or moms) out there who think becoming a Seawolf (even if they aren't in the top 20) sounds like an amazing proposition for your kid, given the recreational activities you can do on a visit? Think salmon, halibut, glaciers, whales, wildlife..... And they are building a new facility...

Haha just sayin dreams come in all shapes and sizes.....

Well hmph!!!!.....

You obviously know nothing about recognizing talent and how to train an obvious choice for the 2024 olympic team.

We had a 38.05 last season, and the coaches can't even keep up with her ever since she scored that at states. Really, she was level 3 last spring, and they had her at level 3 *again* this fall.

hahaha! My examples are real, but they're not all the same gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back