Gymnasts Crooked Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My tumbling became crooked and I am working on fixing it. I think the main problem is my round off. I am turning too early, but I don't know how to fix it. Also, when I land my round off, my feet are on one side of me, and my upper body is on the other side. I was also wondering if there was a deduction for crooked tumbling because my passes are clean, but crooked. Thanks!

Without seeing it or knowing your level and experience makes it a little hard. Some general guidelines are make sure you are hurdling forward and not up, imagine you are grabbing a steering wheel on the floor so that you see it more as a turn of your arms and body as opposed to a reach around. Do lots of them on a line or tape on the floor so you have a point of reference for your hands and feet on the landing. Also try standing two blocks up parallel a little bit wider than shoulder width and practice doing round-offs between them. As you get better make them more narrow and see if that helps. Good luck.

@flipping.out Make sure you can do a regular lunge to lunge cartwheel as well as a side cartwheel (like a windmill).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back