Off Topic Cross country

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After being out of gymnastics for a long 8 weeks, I've come back and I have absolutely no endurance. I asked one of my school friends if she could help me with this because she runs cross country and she invited me to her cross country practice. I said I'd try it, but I'm terrible at running. The most I could run is maybe 3 minutes on paved road as 10 minutes on the gym floor. I'm nervous, I'm trying it Friday. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it a bad idea?

Running barefoot on a gym floor is not the same thing as running in shoes on concrete. Take it slow. I wouldn't run more than 1/2 mile to start, and would build up from there. A cross country team is probably going to do a five mile run in practice, and they're probably going to do it in under 40 minutes.

A much safer route is to get on a bike; it's very low impact.

Running barefoot on a gym floor is not the same thing as running in shoes on concrete. Take it slow. I wouldn't run more than 1/2 mile to start, and would build up from there. A cross country team is probably going to do a five mile run in practice, and they're probably going to do it in under 40 minutes.

A much safer route is to get on a bike; it's very low impact.
I've talked to the coach and she said to do what ever pace, however far. I'm kind of exited. Even tho I won't actually be doing cc I've never been to a school sports practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back