WAG Dd feeling alone at gym...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd and I were talking and she opened up about how she often feels alone at gym. She is the only 9th grader in the whole gym and is one of two level 10s. I just don't know how to make her feel better... Any tips? She says she misses the days in level 5 when her group consisted of 15+ girls.

and now there's 2. 2 out of 15. you tell her she is special and unique to have made it this far. tell her to keep her eye on the prize. a college team where she will return to 15. that's all. :)

My dd and I were talking and she opened up about how she often feels alone at gym. She is the only 9th grader in the whole gym and is one of two level 10s. I just don't know how to make her feel better... Any tips? She says she misses the days in level 5 when her group consisted of 15+ girls.

does she work out with other levels? 8s and 9s? I know it's not exactly like having 15 all on the same level but it's still a team that can develop a strong bond to support each other. In dd's gym, the 7-10s typically train together and while the girls form stronger bonds within their own level, they still have a great support system across the levels.

This doesn't help, but a ninth grader being Level 10 is really impressive. As others have said, she's still going where others have dropped off. She's extraordinary. Sometimes a little loneliness is the price that gets paid for being excellent.

Thanks cbone! Gymgal she does train with other levels but they are younger or older and just sort of hang together, it's hard for my dd to try to be included.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back