Parents DD renounce GYM

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD and i receive a really bad news today:no::bawling::no:

After a long battle...Her father deside that he doesn't want to pay anymore for tweece a week for gym. I ask are dd to do once a week in the recreational and no more competition. She was training 4x/weeks last season and for accomodate him dd as done 4x/week this season.

DD choose to renounce to gym, but she is really sad (so am i !):gloomy:.

I don't have any problem with money issus, but i advise him in june that if is not able to pay is part anymore then tell her now so she can move on and let her time to say everybody that she is leaving GYM.

Instead of that, he anounce her today that she wont do gym anymore and the summer season finish yesterday :mad::mad::mad:! So she is not able to see her teamates and coachs and say a last goodbye !

So i'm sorry to say that Claudie is ending GYM now, she is so sad and i hope that she will pass true it with not to much dammage !

Thank you everyone for your support, just let you know that Claudie choose to try Volleyball as a new sport ! Bye !:wave:

Yeesh that is so sad for you and Claudie. Hard to let go and even harder when she cannot say goodbye.

Call the club and ask if Claudie can go in and have some last minutes with her friends and coaches. Maybe she can make some cards to say goodbye as well.

I really feel for you, lack of funds has ended many great gym careers.

I am so sorry to hear that. :( Her dad didn't handle it very well at all. She should be able to tell everyone goodbye, too. I am sure she will do well at volleyball! Keep us posted!

WOW!! that's awful. You can still go over to the gym and say goodbye even though your not going there anymore. I think I would bring my DD over. Call the gym and see if they can take the last 15 min of a class and do a little cake or something!!

I don't know if money isn't the issue I don't know if I would let my husband (or is it an ex hubby - don't mean to be personal here) do this. There must be some type of compromise here.

Yes it is my ex-husband... No, compremise is not an option with him unless i bring him to court ! I don't want to go there, kids will be in-between.

I call the club and they agree that Claudie spend a afternoon with the team and coachs. She is happy to say a last goodbye to everyone. The club will also let me film her so i can make a videotape of her last moves that she learn this summer. This will be her last video of gymnastics... I will put it on Chalbucket !

Yes it is my ex-husband... No, compremise is not an option with him unless i bring him to court ! I don't want to go there, kids will be in-between.

I call the club and they agree that Claudie spend a afternoon with the team and coachs. She is happy to say a last goodbye to everyone. The club will also let me film her so i can make a videotape of her last moves that she learn this summer. This will be her last video of gymnastics... I will put it on Chalbucket !

so he get a say in all the activities the kids do? that stinks!!
I don't know if it were my DD and I know how much she loves this sport I think I might take him to court to let her do the thing she loves to do.

Divorce is such a messy thing!!! And I've seen so many use the kids like this thinking they are hurting their ex-spouse and the only one getting hurt is the kids. So other than to be a jerk he really doesn't have any reason to break his daughters heart?!! Very Sad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back