Parents DD was visited by the kip fairy!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dancingimmie

Proud Parent
I'm such a proud mama! My dd is a level 3, she just turned 8, and doesn't have her first competition (ever) until mid January. Today she got her kip, she did it like 10 times in a row, I nearly fainted! Her coach told her if she can clean it up she will compete with the kip instead of the glide, pull over. She's on cloud nine so I am too!!

I'm such a proud mama! My dd is a level 3, she just turned 8, and doesn't have her first competition (ever) until mid January. Today she got her kip, she did it like 10 times in a row, I nearly fainted! Her coach told her if she can clean it up she will compete with the kip instead of the glide, pull over. She's on cloud nine so I am too!!
Yay! That's a big visit!

Thank you, everyone! It was quite a surprise. Dd is very strong but hasn't really been working that much on her kip. She's been focusing on the terrible mill circle. She' s only been practicing with the team for 8 months and came right from rec. She was never on the pre team. Something just clicked! She's still doing her happy dance!!

Congrats for your dd and for you for still appearing to be sane!! Now if you can please send the fairy acroos the pond for my dd that would be awesome lol

That's awesome! (Now don't be shocked if she looses it briefly and then gets it back for good. It happens to a lot of them. Seems about 4-8 weeks for this process to complete)

Wonderful for the both of you!!! Kips are a milestone! Check first w/ her coaches bc I heard that doing a kip during a level 3 comp might actually not help her scores - type level 3 in the search! Sometimes doing it in a meet, at level 3, if not done just right, can actually make the scoring go down! But she'll b supe-ready for L4!!

Thanks Taurus, her coach told her it might not help her score but she will do whatever her coach tells her to do. She was warned that she might loose it too but I'm going to think positively!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back