WAG deduction for stain on Leo???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter's competition Leo is blue and black - when I washed it, the color ran like crazy despite cold water and hand washing. There are now dark greenish/black splotches in the blue areas. Is this going to cause her a deduction? I know the rules say "clean attire".

I've tried everything to get the stains out but nothing has worked. My younger daughter has the same Leo and this did not happen (nor did it happen with her Leo from last year - which I unfortunately sold) so I assume it is something with GK's quality control process but we are so late in the season, that there is not time to get a new Leo.

I think you need to talk to her coaches. When this happened with a batch of our leotards, they had girls in different sessions swap leotards on meet weekends to get through the season. It happened with a lot of leotards, though, so they were able to make a claim with the manufacturer.

If yours is the only one with this issue, I think that unfortunately the coaches/manufacturer is going to question how you’re washing it.

This won’t help you now, but when I have a 2-color Leo I swish each half in the sink in cold water while keeping the other half as dry as possible, and I check the water color frequently to see if it is running. If the water has the slightest tint, I’ll continue doing the halves separately for each wash. Lesson learned the hard way- thanks, burgundy and white leotard year!

Additional thought: if it’s already pretty bad and you’re brave, wash the entire thing by hand in the sink in cold water with a Shout Color Catcher sheet. I did this with the aforementioned burgundy/white Leo and the dye that ran was unstable enough that it rinsed out. Dry flat on a towel with the area that runs hanging down at a very slight angle away from the rest of the leo.

I think you need to talk to her coaches. When this happened with a batch of our leotards, they had girls in different sessions swap leotards on meet weekends to get through the season. It happened with a lot of leotards, though, so they were able to make a claim with the manufacturer.

If yours is the only one with this issue, I think that unfortunately the coaches/manufacturer is going to question how you’re washing it.

This won’t help you now, but when I have a 2-color Leo I swish each half in the sink in cold water while keeping the other half as dry as possible, and I check the water color frequently to see if it is running. If the water has the slightest tint, I’ll continue doing the halves separately for each wash. Lesson learned the hard way- thanks, burgundy and white leotard year!
The black is patterned throughout it so no way to wash it separate. It said to wash inside out, but I think that made the black imprint on the opposite side. I have a feeling it is just hers because my other daughter's is fine.

My daughter's competition Leo is blue and black - when I washed it, the color ran like crazy despite cold water and hand washing. There are now dark greenish/black splotches in the blue areas. Is this going to cause her a deduction? I know the rules say "clean attire".

I've tried everything to get the stains out but nothing has worked. My younger daughter has the same Leo and this did not happen (nor did it happen with her Leo from last year - which I unfortunately sold) so I assume it is something with GK's quality control process but we are so late in the season, that there is not time to get a new Leo.
I get nervous washing my daughter's gym suit. How did everything turn out for the meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back