Leotard Emergency!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have nothing to add but my condolences. When you posted about the maroon being finished too, it was like when the heroic doctor finally throws the shock paddles aside and says grimly, "call it."

I have not yet managed to kill a comp leo or warmup suit, in part because it's rumored at our gym that some hapless mom once did that and 'fessed up to the HC . . . and Was Never Seen Again.

I hope that finding a replacement isn't too stressful!

I have nothing to add but my condolences. When you posted about the maroon being finished too, it was like when the heroic doctor finally throws the shock paddles aside and says grimly, "call it."

I have not yet managed to kill a comp leo or warmup suit, in part because it's rumored at our gym that some hapless mom once did that and 'fessed up to the HC . . . and Was Never Seen Again.

I hope that finding a replacement isn't too stressful!

LOL...love the doctor reference!!!

If you pay enough money companies usually will do anything for you.

Reminds me of 2 years ago our dog ATE the whole bottom of my DD's leo from the waist down. We had to borrow a leo while the gym had one rushed it was there in 2 weeks. Fortunatly the gym was gratefull for all we did for the gym (helping with meets, helping to paint walls etc) that they ate the cost of the rush for us.

LOL.... "Sorry, Coach... my dog ate my leotard." :)

Just wanted to update you all on my leotard emergency....I know you've been dying to know what happened LOL

So I called GK and asked if there was a way to fix the leo. They said no. I asked if we could add a leo to our existing order from our gym, scheduled to ship out 6 weeks after I called. Answer: no. I asked if they were doing rush orders: no. I asked how long would it take to get a leo if I ordered one that day: 9 weeks, which would have been mid-February....in time for our LAST meet of the year.

I realized that our L4s compete the day after my DD, an L5, at our next meet, 1/21. I found a couple of girls who would be willing to lend us their leo....one size smaller than DD's leo, but I think that would have been ok. So that was my backup plan, if there was no extra leo for DD to take in our order scheduled to ship mid-January.

All this time, DD had no idea I wrecked her leo!! :eek:

This week, the coach who orders the leo was waving to me at practice and mouthed, "see me after practice". She had a leo for DD!!!! The order came in a few days early. I brought it home, hung it in DD's closet, and put her ruined one in her drawer with her other practice leos last night. This morning, she comes out of her room carrying both leos and asks why she now has two. I explained that I ruined her leo in the wash, and had to buy her a new one. I told her she could wear the old one to practice now, since we couldn't do anything else with it. She was thrilled and said she was wearing it to open gym today!!

I explained that we were planning to borrow a leo for this next meet if she didn't get hers in on time. This whole time, I didn't want her to find out, thinking she would break down and cry and be very upset with me about the whole thing. Instead, she said, "well, it wouldn't be so bad to wear my old one for one meet. It might look a little weird, but it would be okay."

HUH!! Who knew she would be so relaxed about it?!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back