Leotard Emergency!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I had similar problem with piping on my dds Leo ( pink against white that ran). I used carbona ink remover and it did the trick for that problem. Hope something works and use the color catcher too!

Last edited:
Just to update you all...I know you're dying to know...LOL

I called GK...they said there is nothing I can do :(

I called DD's gym...asked if they happened to order any extra leos in DD's size for the order that is supposed to ship out in mid-January...she said she "thought" she might have an extra AXS for DD, but couldn't be sure...and I'm thinking, can you CHECK??! She said she would take a look later and if not, she would order her one. However, since those leos were ordered in the summer, there is no way we'd get it in before spring :(

We have a meet 1/21.

Then, I found this:

Spandex World Inc. spandex fabric, lycra stretch fabric I ordered a free sample, but it says it could take up to 2 weeks :(

I called the seamstress that I have used in the past and asked her if she thinks it's doable to take the white parts out and replace them with this new fabric. I asked her if she needed to see the leo first...the design is quite simple, just a white sleeve and stripe across the body and down the other side. She said she didn't need to see the leo...said it sounded simple. she said it would be more difficult to take the leo apart than sew it back together.

Now, I don't know what she is going to charge me...could be a lot with the labor. and I know I'm really chancing it by having the leo taken apart. But, I figure what have I got to lose? DD can't wear the leo like this anyway. If I have to buy her a new one, it's $100.

Nothing worked...the color catcher, green tea, borax, etc. :(

I know they are expensive but you may need to just buy a new one and keep this one for a back up

And the green tea is to brew the tea in hot water let it cool down to room temp then use it Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I haven't tried the tea one my self as the Borax always seemed to work for me.

Definitely don't bleach it. My mom tried that with my comp leo one season and it ate holes in it. It was pretty bad. Good luck!

If it is a simple leo call a few people who make leos and ask them just to make you a new one that looks as close as possible. They should have the basic mettalics in stock.

Yes, I would have someone make one. If you don't have someone local you could probably contact someone online to do it. It may not be exactly the same, but she will blend in with her teammates.
If it is a simple leo call a few people who make leos and ask them just to make you a new one that looks as close as possible. They should have the basic mettalics in stock.

IF you take it to your local seamstress she might charge you less to 'copy' it than to try and repair it. Worth a try

I used to do the ordering for our gym (through GK) and "for a price", you can get a leo rushed to you. If your leo is an in stock model, it won't be as much of an issue as a custom leo. I would talk to the person at your gym who does the ordering and ask them to help you facilitate this as she will have your customer # and order # and hopefully a helpful contact person that she used at GK. If she won't help you, ask for those numbers and proceed on your own (If the person who answers the phone says they can't help, ask to speak to the person above her and so on...) I did end up contacting the president of GK (who was Sallie Weaver at the time..I went ALL the way up the ladder!) when we had trouble with one of our leos and she could not have been more helpful, and we got the leos replaced in 2 weeks time. For exactly the reason you cite, among others, I used to order at least 1 extra leo per size when I placed the order.

Another thought is sending a blanket email to all the parents in the gym asking if anyone who has quit or decided to "retire" or knows of someone who did, would like to sell their leo to you.

I don't mind paying the $100 for a new leo...it's just that we might not get it in time for our next competition. Our gym ordered a batch of leos over the summer which are "supposed" to be shipped by GK in mid-January, and we have a meet 1/21. She received her leo in an earlier delivery. DD has her leo from last year but it's two sizes smaller than her new leo, so, the fit isn't very pretty :(

I don't know if I want to hedge my bets and just "hope" there is an extra adult extra small leo in that batch due to arrive sometime after mid-January! I have the sample fabric ordered so I guess I'll see when we get it. I don't know about recreating the whole leo because the top has a lot of stones on it.

I used to do the ordering for our gym (through GK) and "for a price", you can get a leo rushed to you. If your leo is an in stock model, it won't be as much of an issue as a custom leo. I would talk to the person at your gym who does the ordering and ask them to help you facilitate this as she will have your customer # and order # and hopefully a helpful contact person that she used at GK. If she won't help you, ask for those numbers and proceed on your own (If the person who answers the phone says they can't help, ask to speak to the person above her and so on...) I did end up contacting the president of GK (who was Sallie Weaver at the time..I went ALL the way up the ladder!) when we had trouble with one of our leos and she could not have been more helpful, and we got the leos replaced in 2 weeks time. For exactly the reason you cite, among others, I used to order at least 1 extra leo per size when I placed the order.

Another thought is sending a blanket email to all the parents in the gym asking if anyone who has quit or decided to "retire" or knows of someone who did, would like to sell their leo to you.

LOVE that you went all the way to the top! These are custom leos :( and they are a new design for us this year, so no one has an extra one. Half of our team has been wearing last year's leos because theirs are set to arrive in January!

LOVE that you went all the way to the top! These are custom leos :( and they are a new design for us this year, so no one has an extra one. Half of our team has been wearing last year's leos because theirs are set to arrive in January!

Even if they are custom, if some still haven't been shipped then they are still in production...definitely call and plead your case and ask it to be rush shipped "understanding that I'll probably have to pay extra"

For a price they can do a rush order and get it quicker but there is a charge. Would it be possible to borrow a leo from one of the other girls not in your DD's session to use for that meet then return it to the team mate for thier session all washed and clean.

I am going to call GK but DD's coach who does the orders said she was told they were not doing rush orders right now (or at least a month ago, when she asked), I think because they are so overwhelmed. Good idea on borrowing a leo. DD is L5 and only the L5s and L4s have this leo style, so I'm crossing my fingers I can find an L4 leo we can borrow from for that meet. Hopefully by our next meet, we'll have a new one...I HOPE!!

oh, and after thinking about having my seamstress just replace the white part, I looked closer and realized the maroon is off too...it's a goner...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I ruined a team leo similarly, but fortunately it was a hand me down for my daughter to use as a practice leo. I'm just waiting for my son's red leo to somehow run all over his white bottoms, maybe after he spills something on himself.

If you pay enough money companies usually will do anything for you.

Reminds me of 2 years ago our dog ATE the whole bottom of my DD's leo from the waist down. We had to borrow a leo while the gym had one rushed it was there in 2 weeks. Fortunatly the gym was gratefull for all we did for the gym (helping with meets, helping to paint walls etc) that they ate the cost of the rush for us.

I just got off the phone with GK. They said they are not doing any rush orders, and that our gym's orders are "in production," so they can't add anything to it. If we need to order one, it will take 9 weeks :( DD's coach who does the orders assures me we will get a leo out of one of these two next shipments scheduled to ship in January, but she's seems very laid back about it...I am so NOT laid back about it!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back