WAG Difference Between New USAG Level 6 and Old Level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well the optional requirements weren't put out until later than the compulsory clinics as far as I remember, so anything else would have been a draft to give people an idea before then. Anyway, I would have been very surprised if any optional level didn't have 180 anything, based on level 5 requirements.

Lol, so they DID change it. I made my chart way back when (early this summer)... and they still had 150º on floor. I will have to correct it.

Thanks for letting me know :)
if I recall correctly, we had a thread about this earlier this year and someone said that the 150* was a typo because in other places, it was listed as 180* for floor. There were quite a few typos in the earlier drafts.

DD just finished her first Level 7 meet. I was interested to compare to last year (she is a repeating 7). There were a wide variety of gyms at this meet, including some Australian and Canadian teams, as well as local and traveling, so I expected a variety of "philosophies" to be represented...but compared to last year, the floor seemed a bit upgraded (lots of fhs-flo and fhs fp versus fhs-ft, although scored similarly; multiple girls twisting on floor); beam was about the same as last year - some variety because of FIG teams adapting routines, but mostly bwo-bhs or bwobwo, etc...bars were actually NOT generally different - some few teams seemed to be "requiring giants" even of girls who didn't appear ready (IMHO), but dds team opted for free hips if giants weren't consistent (they all have them off and on...but 3 of the 4 didn't try this time) and dd still placed well that way...

Which is to say I'm very curious if Level 8 will also be about the same as last year rather than a higher level of "competition"....either way DD is finally happy and was very clean, highest scores even, highest places ever - happy she repeated....guess coaches do know their gymnasts!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back