WAG Do you see the point in this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
I am a level 10 and I am working a BHS (step out) BHS (2-foot) LO. This is such a hard series and it is nowhere near close to being on a real beam. I work it on a low beam (touching the ground) with beam mats. I'm wondering if there is any point to working this? Or is this a waste of time for level 10?

I think that once you get it, it will be a really cool series. If you already have a salto series I would keep working this one, you never know, things like this sometimes just click!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Have you spoken with your coaches about it? We can sense your frustration in your post and sometimes a little perspective is good from someone who knows your gymnastics well. Try not to over think it.

The point is that it's a lot of bonus and its impressive. +0.4 for that series to be exact.
The thing to do is talk to your coaches about it and see where it fits in their grand plan for you.

I see the point in it, but realistically you have to be a really good tumbler to be able to do the two foot BHS in the middle...I did two foot layout out of a step out BHS and honestly couldn't have done it out of a two foot BHS because I wasn't a good enough tumbler on beam. Maybe you can try out of a step out. The two foot lay is worth more than a layout step out.

Not to hijack thread but my dd is a 2 foot tumbler on beam was never able to do BHS stepout cause of some weird hip flexibility(overly flexible). She is training level 8 and is working 2foot BHS to 2 foot BHS for her beam series, is this worth more or the same as 2 BHSstepouts? Just curious, she hates them and the beam has not been her friend since her fractured hand last year.

I'm not sure which series you're talking about, but will assume it's a bhs stepout--bhs2foot--layout2foot

Considering your age, the level you're at, and the fact that you found a reason to trust in this program at least once upon a time......... sure there's a point to it. People who coach kids at your level, and do it well, always have a reason to nudge their gymnasts in one direction or the other to get them from level to level and and compete more confidently, so maybe you could ask them where this is heading. I can think of the next step they may be intending for you after this series, so figure they may have a next step that depends on this series being learned and done well.

Look at it this way.........

There's quite a point to this series if pride in what you're doing is part of what spins your windmill, and you think it's fun to do something most can only dream of. Really, out of over 85,000 gymnasts currently in the USAG JO program, there may be as few as 200 of them who will ever seriously train this series, and perhaps fewer than 50 who will compete this skill. Maybe that counts for something too....or maybe not.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back