WAG Does a great coach trump an established good program?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I live in a pretty big city in the US, and there are at least a dozen good programs, and many more decent ones........it is STILL very hard to find good coaches.
:) thank you. That says quite a lot.

This is a great coach, who I trust, who is fond of my daughter and who my daughter wants to be coached by. That's really it, isn't it :)

:) thank you. That says quite a lot.

This is a great coach, who I trust, who is fond of my daughter and who my daughter wants to be coached by. That's really it, isn't it :)

You said it. The only reason to move away from this would be if your family and dd are 100% committed to elite, but you have already said not long term. Don't sacrifice the magic 4 things above for the sake of the 'perceived' (but not guaranteed -think burn out, fear, injury etc-) rate of progress at the other programme.

Many parents on this board are searching for the magic 4 things that you have above. Enjoy!

I think with the options that you have, going with this really good coach is the best one! good luck to your dd, and good luck with the drive!

Reactions: COz
for sure she'll pick ballet over gymnastics. 12 hours for a 5 year old is overkill. doesn't matter what country you're in or how great the coach is. :)
Do you mean now or later? It's not uncommon here for IDP1 kids to have more hours than this (not saying I think this is a good idea).
She's still asking for more hours by the way.

My knee jerk reaction initially was...."if possible, always follow the great coaching that your DD responds to." But....no pit?? :-\
Yeah the no pit bothered me also, but it sounds like ballet is topping gym a bit in terms of desire, so i would still head that route. Now if there was only gym? Shoot. No idea what i would do....because foam pits are pretty crucial. :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back