Driving me crazy!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My splits are driving me crazy beacuse they are so close. All I need is the part where my hips are. Don't get me wrong I do really need these splits but I am not expecting them to come overnight
does anyone know any good hip and leg stretches besides oversplits and lunges because I do those already I have been working on my splits since like seven years old and they are still not down…. Yea it's pretty sad so I need all the help I can get post asap!!!

Sorry to say, but oversplits is probably your best bet at getting your splits down far.
I'm not naturally flexible in my legs, but I've been working at oversplits for over 2 years now, and now they are over 180 on both legs when I really push it.
Also, when ever you are on oversplits, and it feels like it's starting to hurt, and you want to stop, just life up your hands and let gravity take over.
It may hurt at first, but trust me!
It's worth it!

-Lauren

heres a drill get ur coach get on ur knees grab their arms and let them bring 1 leg up and press ur hip down:confused:

Thanks

Sorry to say, but oversplits is probably your best bet at getting your splits down far.
I'm not naturally flexible in my legs, but I've been working at oversplits for over 2 years now, and now they are over 180 on both legs when I really push it.
Also, when ever you are on oversplits, and it feels like it's starting to hurt, and you want to stop, just life up your hands and let gravity take over.
It may hurt at first, but trust me!
It's worth it!

-Lauren

Yesterday before I got your post I was working my oversplits between a couch and a footrest thing and they are so much better I will keep working!!! Thanks!

A little more push

Thanks I have followed everybodys advice nut still need that litle extra push anyone got anymore advanced stretches! They are so much better thanks!!

go on your knees against the wall and put your shin on the wall so your knee is on the ground then bend your other leg and put it on the floor so it is like you are on one knee but it is against the wall then stay their for about 2 min this will get your hips square and get you further down
Your splits also depend on how much you practise them.
Also try when you are in splits put your leg that is in front, on a box.
If you do not get what i am trying to say just email me

go on your knees against the wall and put your shin on the wall so your knee is on the ground then bend your other leg and put it on the floor so it is like you are on one knee but it is against the wall then stay their for about 2 min this will get your hips square and get you further down
Your splits also depend on how much you practise them.
Also try when you are in splits put your leg that is in front, on a box.
If you do not get what i am trying to say just email me

Yea not sure what you mean can you show me a pic or something? Thanks! It will be a big help!

We do this thing called russian stretching. you lay on a mat on your back. then you have one person hold your bottom leg and then bring your other leg up over your head and then someone pushes that leg and you try to get your foot to touch the ground.

Yea not sure what you mean can you show me a pic or something? Thanks! It will be a big help!
OK i cant find a pic so u know when u go on on one knee

Like this you put you back leg on the wall so only your knee is on the ground and the back lg is straight up on the wall

http://z.about.com/d/sportsmedicine/1/0/7/8/QuinnRooney_Getty.jpg

like this but your back leg is on a wall and u do not hold it
them make your bum touch your back leg remember to keep your hips square

Like this but with your front leg bent and yourbum touching your back leg

If your don't get it i will take a picture of it and put in on their because i want to help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back