Parents End of Year Meet reports

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
So some of you have followed my DD through out the year and know vaulting a tsuk was a huge adventure

Once she finally did one 3 meets ago it scores well enough to place at each meet on vault. She vaults well during the meet but, the warm ups are always terrible. She has landed the vaults at 3 meets well but scares the judges because, she has a minor melt down before her vaults during warm ups. Who ever said gymnastics was boring.

She is on to State Saturday 20th of March and we willl see about Regionals she needs a AA 34 at the state meet. She can do this but needs to hit all events well and bars is always iffy. Lets hope all goes well

Thanks for all the well sishes we will keep you posted.

Good luck to her!! What age group is your DD in? She's not 15+ yet, is she? (Just wondering if she'll be at the same time as Beth).

And at least she has a chance at Regionals--Beth won't get to go (due to coach decision), even if she makes it (unless she makes Super 8--which won't happen with a front hand spring vault!).

Good luck to her!! What age group is your DD in? She's not 15+ yet, is she? (Just wondering if she'll be at the same time as Beth).

She is 14 yr old the bummer for her is her teammate is 15+ and there is only 2 of them at level 8 this year. We do however get to be the sametime as kristilyn73 dd as they are both 14yrs. This is a good thing. i know this happens a lot at optionals that girls are alone it is just hard when you are used to your team being there for support.

And at least she has a chance at Regionals--Beth won't get to go (due to coach decision), even if she makes it (unless she makes Super 8--which won't happen with a front hand spring vault!).

Tthat is a huge bummer for your girls its not like the coaches pay for any of there own expenses. I am also asuming they will already be there too.

Our coach is willing to take both girls or just 1 girl if they make it and our booster foots the bill. We have been doing fundraisers specifically for optional travel meets. We split the $$ with our boys team but that is fine.

Good luck to all of the girls competing at states. I hope it happens to be a good meet where everything works out for them.

I am curious as to what the qualifying score for states is? I see regionals is 34AA. Our state qualifying is 33. Then for regionals they take the top 7, I believe, then a certain number at a cut off score determined after the meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back