Feet sticking on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
So I am competing in Ladies division this weekend. Should be interesting :p the problem is I can do a full turn on beam just fine if I am wearing socks but not in my bare feet, not even close. I just can't get around they stick. I have tried chalk, different ways of turning and a dance paw. I don't have time to quest for beam shoes. I am sure someone else has had this problem. Please what did you do for it?

Thanks!

My dd has very sweaty hands & feet. Chalk was fine for 1st 1/3 of beam- but then she got sticky again. We opted to go with Foot Undeez by Capezio. They are not gym shoes- but work perfectly for beam and leave toes free for gripping. You cannot see them on at all during competitions. She got ones with rhinestones on them for meets and colored ones for practice.
Capezio® footUndeez®

Have you tried your tramp shoes? I know a couple brands are less sticky than callouses are.

My coach told me to buy spray-on antiperspirent and put that on my feet. She used to do that when she was a gymnast so I'm assuming it works!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back