Finding the right gym (Parents are welcome to comment too!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I tend to disagree with most on this issue...

It sounds like you don't like what you are getting at your current gym, and you have the time, and interest to take your daughter the 40 min. to another gym. It's your time and your child so why not do it. You can always find something useful to occupy the drive, books on tape, foreign language tapes for you and daughter to learn together. Just b/c most do not have the time or interest at 2.5 to do this should not deter you or make you feel guilty or foolish for doing so.

In our area it is very common to commute 90-120 minutes each way to work and many would not bat an eye at driving 40 minutes for something they wanted to do.

just my opinion.

I tend to disagree with most on this issue...

It sounds like you don't like what you are getting at your current gym, and you have the time, and interest to take your daughter the 40 min. to another gym. It's your time and your child so why not do it. You can always find something useful to occupy the drive, books on tape, foreign language tapes for you and daughter to learn together. Just b/c most do not have the time or interest at 2.5 to do this should not deter you or make you feel guilty or foolish for doing so.

In our area it is very common to commute 90-120 minutes each way to work and many would not bat an eye at driving 40 minutes for something they wanted to do.

just my opinion.

I agree.. as long as it's done for the right reasons (which it seems to be now that the OP has cleared things up)

Thanks, unfortunatey the coach she has now teaches all but two of the preschool classes each week. And the other two are at times that don't work for us. So another coach is not an option. Again I am aware at this age it is all about having fun. But if you don't have a great coach, it's not going to be fun. Thanks!

Thanks, unfortunatey the coach she has now teaches all but two of the preschool classes each week. And the other two are at times that don't work for us. So another coach is not an option. Again I am aware at this age it is all about having fun. But if you don't have a great coach, it's not going to be fun. Thanks!

It sounds like the coach isn't working. I hope the nearby gym goes well. I'm not necessarily going to discourage the drive per se - I did that for years. If you're willing to do it, it's once a week now and you never know what might happen later. Just to clarify what I'm concerned about is the class she is in now which doesn't seem appropriate (and the instructor is not accommodating either) which I think is a recipe for frustration and possibly fears or injuries that are unnecessary at this stage.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back