Parents First level 4 meet ( I would say it was a success )

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just a little background of our journey back to competition.

At the end of last season our old gym wanted to move dd from level 3 to level 5 ( scoring out of 4 and the going 5) so she could eventually score out of 5 and go optional, but she fell doing a jump to high bar and broke her elbow.

We then found out we were moving over the summer.

After finding a new gym, new house, new schools, and a physiotherapist, it has been a long road back to being able to compete. She was getting frustrated with herself for not being able to compete with the rest of her team(competition season started at the beginning of January for us)

I thought she did great for her first meet back. She has been struggling with the jump to high bar since she fell, she was also scared of her cartwheel on beam, and vault ... Well let's just say she's very small and I'm pretty sure we all know the struggle with vault and small children.

She ended up getting an 8.75 on beam and landing her cartwheel, she got an 8.225 on bars getting her jump to the high bar( but falling on her squat in), 8.925 on floor, and a 7.25 on vault ( had to walk her hands the vault to get over, the other gym parents and I had a good laugh at her face after she made it over)

We're now back in the gym and working on improving her routines for her next meet in two weeks. Dds just really happy to back doing what she loves.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back