First Level 6 Meet tomorrow!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

shelovestoflip

Proud Parent
Hi
My daughter's first Level 6 meet is tomorrow. She's ready for everything but bars! She's only done her flyaway once or twice without a spot....she can do it but is afraid!

After practice last night she was excited that she 'just about did it' with only a light hand spot 'just in case' :)

Happily, her coaches are all supportive and know she's a hard worker and will do it when she is ready.

She's training Level 7 and the thought had been to do this one pass through meet and then move to Level 7 however she's a kid who wants to place in the All Around and she knows if she moves to Level 7 that won't happen so the coaches agree to let her have a great season at 6.

So, hopefully she'll get through the bars (and stick her beam!) tomorrow!

I am soooo happy that her coaches are not pushing her through! I think it's so important for these girls to have some feeling of success!!! Good luck to her meet tomorrow... I can't wait to hear about it!

Good luck to your dd! I hope she sticks that flyaway all by herself. Sounds like a good plan to let her have a successful Level 6 season!

Good luck to her for the meet, I'll send her the flyaway fairies. But , in exchange I need the BT fairies. My youngest has her first meet on Sunday and has never done her BT without the coach standing next to her. We can trade, as mine can do the flyaway no problem!!

Glad your coach is letting your gymmie be the guide, she will enjoy her sport much more that way.

Wish her the best, especially in the fly away :). Bogs, also wishing the best for your DD and her BT (even though not sure what that is) :) hope they have a great time!!

She did it!

First Level 6 meet done and she did the flyaway without a spot! I am so happy and she was so proud! She even stuck the landing and was grinning from ear to ear! The coach even did a little leap as she landed! He was ready to spot (as I watched them warm up he spotted every one!) but she was determined!

Mind you, she had likely the lowest score of the meet at a 6.9 but for once she realized that the score didnt' matter as much as her success! She got it!

As for other scores, she as 9.3 on beam and 9.25 on floor and 8.9 on vault (the elusive vault...no idea why and it was so far on the other side of the gym I couldn't actually see her vault!)

So now that she knows she can do the flyaway at the meet, I'm guessing for now the fear is gone, replaced by a success and now she can work on actually connecting the elements!

Next meet 4 weeks from today, so she has time!

GREAT results! I bet she is on cloud 9. Those are very good scores on beam and floor for her first level 6 meet! Things will only go up from here. I hope that she continues doing her fly away now that she know she can do it by herself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back